chapter one

I woke up naked. I never do that. My eyes were still shut to the blurs of the outside world. When I tried rolling over to get comfy, I couldn't- there was someone in my bed. Whomever it was, was going to get hug-attacked this morning.

I ran my fingers through the persons hair slowly. It was a little greasy, like it needed to be washed, but I didn't care. It was probably from the sex we more than likely had last night. I wound my hand through theirs and immediately encountered an anomaly in it, well, one for me anyways. I took the condom and threw it off to the left, there was a crack in that direction between the bed and the wall.

I still hadn't opened my eyes to see who I was in bed with, but, I could tell that they were naked too. I started rubbing my hands down my mystery lover's sides, silently wishing that it was Gerard. That would be amazing. We were so drunk last night that it could be.

I stretched my arms out in front of me, working out the kinks in my back and encountered a bottle on my bed. I picked it up and, finally, opened my eyes. No need for this mystery person to know I had to use lube. I looked at the person I was in bed with. They had a slight build, greasy black hair down to their shoulders, and were definitely a guy.

Mystery Man moaned in his sleep. "Good morning." he said.

"Same to u babycakes." I replied.

His voice sounded a lot like Gee's did when he first woke up. "Ger?" I questioned. He rolled over.

"Yes, Frank?" came his reply.

"Nothing." I smiled at him. Wow, I had slept with my best friend, in some hotel, in god-knows-where-bfe.

He looked at my face-- was that a look of love?-- and gently caressed it. " Do you know where the boys are at?"

I looked at my surroundings for the first time since I woke up. as per norm for me, I had rigged up some sort of separating wall, using some blankets from the hotel-- explained why there was nothing but a sheet on the bed...

"No," I started, "but let me look." I peeked out from behind my little hand-made partition and saw three sleeping bodies. One, with wild curls - Ray; another, with glasses askew and a serious case of bedhead- Mikey; and lastly. a burly, blond one- our new drummer, Bob. "They're all out there, asleep."

"Oh," he replied. "Do you remember what happened last night? I'm curious for one reason..."

"No." I lied. "I was more shitfaced than you are." No need for him to know about our little late night escapades into a gay relationship just yet. "Why?'

"Because, Frank, my ass hurts."