5

Chace P.O.V

It was the next day after my awkward moment with Jason in his car and Brooke came over to my house to have a sleepover so I can explain to her what had happened.

"He said 'Thank you.'" I said.

"Thank you?!? Chace are you for real?? After you told him you loved him?" yelled Brooke.

"Yeah, yeah I know." I looked down in embarrassment. "What does that even mean?" Brooke said with a confused look. "I'm just as confused as you" I replied a little louder.

"It was just the heat of the moment you know? It just came out of my mouth." I said a little lower. "Did you actually mean it?" Brooke said, "Of course I meant it but I don't know why I said it at that moment, I was just-"

"Sexually excited?" Brooke looked at me and winked.

We both laughed and I tossed a pillow to her face. We were currently in my room and Brooke was doing damage control... as you can tell she's really not good at it.

"Ugh you're so lame, keep it up and I'll go sneak into your brother Royce's room" She said menacingly, "Good luck he's not into street girls." I said laughing, She gasped and threw the remote control at me "At least I won't say 'I love you' while me and him do it." She teased me. I laughed, Brooke can be a bitch that's why I love her haha.

*Ding*

"Ugh is that him again??" Brooke said, I looked over at my phone and saw another text from Jason. I haven't texted him since he dropped me off last night, I felt weird talking to him. He's texting me as if me telling him I love him wasn't a big deal. Did he not know that was like a pivotal moment in relationships?

"'Babe wats wrong I thot we were good txt me back', Wow you really need to teach that boy how to spell Chace." said Brooke.

"Don't read my texts out loud" I jumped on her trying to get my phone back from her grasp she just laughed in return and raised my phone higher. Unfortunately Brooke was a little taller than me just like most of the whole school.

"By the way whose this unknown number?" Brooke questioned as she shoved the phone in my face to see the screen.

"Chace you little hoe are you texting other guys on the side?? What would Jason think?" Brooke laughed.

"Shut up I don't even know who that is." I unlocked my phone and went to Imessage.

"Text Jason back you idiot he keeps bugging me."

I knew exactly who this was...

"Well?" Brooke asked. I sighed "It's just Dea-"

"Dean texted you?? Bitch you better give me his number like right now!" Brooke excitedly said jumping up and down on my bed. "Knock yourself out." I said as I tossed her my phone and rolled my eyes.

"He called you an idiot? You'd think Jason would teach Dean better." Brooke said. "I don't think he meant that seriously that's his humor I guess." I said. She glared at me "Well he's my man you hoe." Brooke said.

"I'm the hoe?" I looked at her and laughed. "You have two of the hottest guys texting you!" Brooke said grinning. "I'm loyal as fuck, but I can't even get a 'I love you' back from my boyfriend." I said sighing. "Give it time Chace." Brooke responded.

She was right, I was being a little selfish.

I sighed deeply... "Pass me the phone Brooke."

"Wait hold on I'm deleting your selfie from April 16, why would you even save this??" She said laughing.

I grabbed the phone and decided to text Jason back.

-

"Hey sorry I think I ate something bad when I got back home, I kept throwing up today so I just slept all day :( I'm so disgusting right now lol"

He immediately responded.

"Thank god babe I thought I did something stupid again."

"No we're all good now babe (:"

"Alright well rest up babe feel better tomorrow (;"

-

I immediately felt bad for not telling Jason the real reason why I was avoiding him which was cause I felt Jason didn't really love me. Brooke looked towards my phone and laughed "You dirty little liar."

"I can't let him know why I was avoiding him Brooke, I'll just tell him... umm.. Actually I'll never bring it up haha." I said trying to make it seem as I was joking but I knew I was actually never gonna bring it up. I didn't want to make Jason say something he doesn't really mean.

"Really?" Brooke said. "Yeah..." I responded.

She sighed. "Um sweetie I don't think that's a good idea, you need to think that over, and get a good night sleep." She said tossing a pillow at me.

"Fine fine I was tired anyways." I said throwing the pillow back at her. We both laughed and grew tired.

As I tried falling asleep I stared at the ceiling feeling a little guilty. Why was I lying to Jason? He was the best boyfriend ever. He deserved to know what was bothering me and why I was ignoring him. I was scared to find out what his reaction would be. Was I just overreacting? Am I just overthinking it? I don't want to force this on him and drive him away.

How hard is it to say I love you back to the person you've been dating for almost a year already.

Did he even love me back?

***