12

Jason P.O.V

I caught myself looking at Chace again during class. I know I shouldn't but it's Chace... that's my baby. And I let him go.

He looked really distraught today. He wasn't paying attention to the teacher and was only looking down, he almost seemed sad? But why? It sure looks like he's having a blast with Dean. Speaking of Dean why'd I ever share my sandwich with him in the kindergarten? If I hadn't he would've never been my best friend and I would still have Chace all to myself. But that's typical Dean ya know? Always plays with his food and goes for the rare, hard to get, and juicy ones... like Chace.

I can't get over Chace. He's the first boy and only boy I've ever had serious relationship with. Not a one week fling or a one night stand, he was my boyfriend. Mine... I just wish we can start over and go back to when we first met... In that Summer class.

*Flashback*

"Okay class don't forget the last day to turn in your final essay is tomorrow." Mr. Lopez said sternly. "Jason I'm looking at you, you can kiss football goodbye if you don't pass this class." He said smugly at me. I didn't say anything back cause I didn't want to get kicked out again like yesterday so I just rolled my eyes and leaned back in my chair. I looked at the empty chair next to me. Chace wasn't here today and honestly it makes me mad like the only reason I show up is to see you... Uh I mean cause like he helps me with assignments. Yeah that's it.. I miss him cause he helps me with my work.

The door burst open and Chace walked in. "I'm sorry Sir but I overslept but I'm here!" Chace said handing him his tardy slip. My heart fluttered and I felt sort of relieved now that Chace was here.

"What are you smiling about?" Chace asked sitting down next to me. "Oh you know just smiling at my blank paper." I said resting my chin on my hand staring at him. I don't know why but I find Chace so beautiful just the way he looks and talks and acts around me. If he was a girl I'd totally purpose to him right now.

"You wouldn't have a blank paper if you hadn't ate all that ice cream yesterday." Chace said pulling out his binder from his backpack. I smiled at what he said, I remember after I got kicked out of the class yesterday Chace came with me and we ditched the class to go get ice cream. I took him to this lowkey ice cream shop and we just sat ate and talked. It was sort of a date if you think about it. It's weird we're friends but it's like I've known him all my life.

"Don't worry I haven't started it either." Chace said opening his binder pulling out a blank paper. I looked at him and smiled and he smiled back. We didn't say a word but just stared at each other. It sounds creepy but just staring at his eyes and lips gave me a weird feeling in my chest. I leaned in towards him but I suddenly stopped since the teacher interrupted. "Chace come here you never returned back from the restroom yesterday so lets talk punishment." he said. Chace looked annoyed as he got up to talk to that jack ass called teacher. But I saw this as an opportunity...

After Chace sat back down I handed him my essay. "Can you proofread my essay?" I asked. "Jason you haven't even written your name on it. How will I proofread it?" Chace laughed as he grabbed my essay from my hands. He held it and read it with wide eyes.

" Will You Go Out with Me
__ Yes
__ No "

"Are you joking?" Chace said laughing covering his mouth with his hand. "I'm serious." I said punching his shoulder. Chace kept laughing then took a deep breathe. "This is very middle school of you Jason." Chace said laughing again. "Just answer the damn question!" I said looking away knowing my face was getting red, I was a little embarrassed and nervous. He took the pencil from my hands and marked yes. He looked up at me and smiled. Mm that smile that can make me the happiest man alive. "I really want to kiss you but..." I said looking around the whole classroom. I just don't want anyone knowing I'm you know... gay for Chace, and Chace is cool I don't think he'll mind being my secret... Right??