7

"hey," jungkook said .

"it's been 7 years jeon jungkook," minjae smiled bitterly as those words escaped her mouth .

"y-yeah , how have you been ?" jungkook asked .

"i'm not so sure myself . and how are you ?"

"i'm doing fine , i guess"

after what was almost an eternity of the awkward silence , minjae broke it by asking ,

"so , why'd you want to meet up ?"

"i actually have something to tell you," jungkook said , unsure if he was ready to let it all out .

"and what is it ?"

"i didn't break up with you because i stopped loving you , i lied to myself , i lied to you , and i'm sorry"

minjae furrowed her eyebrows .

what ?

"what's your point jungkook ? why did you break up with me ? why didn't you just tell me the reason ? why did you have to lie ? why did you leave me wondering , thinking about you for 7 years ? why do you leave an impact on me ? how ?"

minjae blurted out all the questions she kept in her thoughts .

jungkook was speechless . he felt bad . especially the last few sentences .

'i left an impact on minjae ?' he thought.

he wanted to console her so badly , and hold her in his arms because of how fragile and broken she looked but who was he to her anymore ?

a friend ? an acquaintance ? maybe , a stranger ?

"i ... i have to go , i'm sorry . i'll see you soon," and with that , jungkook left minjae , unanswered .

and minjae , yet again , had mixed emotions .

shiz short chapter