prologue

"joon..." a soft voice whispered into the darkness of the room, small arms wrapping around his neck, little kisses pecked onto his skin. "come back to bed." he could tell jimin was sleepy, the lethargy evident in his voice, the silk of his robe brushing against namjoon's bare shoulders. 

he felt bad sometimes. because he stayed up too late, and his company was too loud and his business was too rough. but jimin never said anything negative against it. he would always be there, waiting with a first aid kit in hand, patient and sweet, shaking his head like a disappointed mother.

he would take namjoon's brass knuckles off and set them aside to be cleaned, and pour alcohol on the wounds no matter how much he clenched his teeth and hissed. he would kiss his forehead, and pull his shirt off slow, tracing a new bruise on his shoulder or his back. he rarely got hit but when he did, the younger was there to stitch him up.

jimin didn't like the guns very much, but he'd still set namjoon's pistol aside, turning the safety on with ease. only after all the weapons were put away would he take a seat on his lap, feeling so small and so safe in the dimpled man's arms. he'd sit until his eyes would start to droop, and some nights he'd simply fall asleep, tucked under his chin. if it was a night joon was working really late, he'd try to stay up, making coffee and curling up on the couch in the older man's jacket.

"be more careful." he always whispered, when they climbed into bed at night, and an arm would wrap around his waist, a strong bare chest pressed against his back.

"always am, baby."

"i'm sorry." namjoon murmured, patting jimin's hand that was pressed against his chest, feeling his heartbeat, a gesture he did very often. "just a lot of bull. 's keeping me busy."

"too busy for me?" jimin whined playfully, widening his eyes, nipping at his ear when he got no reaction.

"'m never too busy for my baby."

"then come to back to bed." his lips set into a pout. "please?"

the robe was untied, bare skin glinting in the dim light.

and the little lamp on the corner of his cluttered desk turned off with a click.

                                                                                                ✿ 

hi babies!! i'm vv excited about this book! minjoon is my fave underated ship so i had to write something for them. this was originally going to be vkook but i found another plot that i want to write for them. thus this book being born. 

some warnings i have for this just in case; some violence, alcohol, recreational drug use, possibly smut and foul language

as always, take care of yourselves, drink some water, eat something, get lots of sleep! i'm here if you need me.