1. fluorescent

"I will whisper your name

From the cracks in the canyon rocks

And you will know that this is heaven,

Knowing that someone will always remember

Your irises and where you hid your love

Letters and why you could never speak

In anything but short sentences."

― neil hilborn

the first time namjoon saw jimin, he was crying, sobbing into his palms on the steps of his apartment building. it was only 6 p.m, the sun was just starting to set and the soft yellow light made him look like an angel, big blubbery tears and all. he doesn't remember saying much, when the smaller boy had noticed him standing there, he had been embarrassed for a second before noticing the gash across his right cheek. his plump pink lips parted into an 'o' and he stood, wiping his eyes as if he hadn't been having a moment.

jimin had asked him if he was okay in a sweet, breaking voice, face twisting in concern. namjoon had been honest, because the answer was no, there was glass in his face and a bruise the size of a small country covering his back. soon the younger male was dumping the contents of his bag out onto the side walk, reaching for a small red first aid kit that was bent in two corners. he had gestured for him to come closer and started to disinfect the cut on his cheek, as people walked in and out of the main entrance, looking at them in confusion.

namjoon looked so out of place next to jimin that he understood the passing glances they recieved. he was wearing a ripped flannel, blood on the left cuff, and his long legs in tight black jeans were practically the size of the smaller boy's body. the other who donned a pale green sweater, cheeks flushed from weeping, hadn't even asked why he was so beat up, and namjoon just figured it didn't matter that much to him. he was still helping him regardless. when a bandage was placed on his cheekbone, and a small hand let go of the back of his shirt, he stood, a bit wobbily, and murmured a thanks. he hadn't looked back as he walked into the building. he was probably never going to see him again anyway.

the second time namjoon saw jimin, it was only 6 days after he patched him up. he was placing drinks down at his table, in a crowded bar and grill. the smaller man eye's had widened but he introduced himself with ease and a soft smile, pulling a pen and pad out of his apron. his friends, hoseok and jackson started to give their orders to the golden haired boy. jackson even flirting a bit, raising his eyebrows, his voice purposely getting lower, until namjoon 'accidentally' stepped on his foot. their eyes met as namjoon opened his mouth to speak and he faltered a bit, getting a confused look from hoseok on his right. he covered it up with a cough.

when dinner was over, namjoon strode up to the entrance to pay for the bill, biting his lip when jimin walked over, that same little smile making him pause. the younger boy's hair was a little messy, and he looked warm, chest heaving the slightest bit, fanning himself with a menu. as the trio were eating, joon had saw him running around out of the corner of his eye, constantly getting orders from a man with a big bushy mustache, even smaller than him. he still looked ethereal then, eyes lit up like tiny stars, pouty lips bright from biting at them so much.