8. blaze

We're shooting the scene where
I swallow your heart and you make me
spit it up again. I swallow your heart and it crawls
right out of my mouth.
You swallow my heart and flee, but I want it back now, baby. I want it back.

- richard siken

     strong enforcing hands grasped him, shaking him harshly before throwing him down onto the floor. jimin gasped, eyes wide and absolutely terrified as a sharp blade pressed to his neck, pricking him swiftly. he whimpered softly as bead of blood started to roll down his neck, fear taking over his body. 

"cat got your tongue?" a raspy mocking voice cooed into his ear and he shivered, looking up into dark hallowed eyes. they stared into him deeply, as if examining him, sizing him up. 

"what do you want?" he choked out, shaking uncontrollably against the hard cold ground. 

"oh nothing much." the voice hissed, drawing another scared sound from the blond as his stomach dropped, "just to take away everything you love." 

he clenched his eyes shut tightly, timid fists shaking at his side. the voice echoed off of the walls, creeping through his ears and remaining. 

"you should've been careful, silly little kitty."  hands like claws circled around his neck and squeezed hard. he gasped for breath, nails scraping against the ground for purchase, chest heaving. he swung his legs, trying to get away anyway he could, mouth open in a silent choked scream. 

 he couldn't breathe. he truly couldn't breathe. 

    jimin shot up in bed, drenched in sweat, panting as if he had just ran a marathon. jocular sunshine peeked through his curtains lighting up the room, a sharp contrast to the way he felt. his hair stuck to his forehead as he shuddered, pushing the heavy comforter off of his chilly body. the other side of the bed looked rumpled and slept in, though the man that had been there had left long before he woke. after a long hot shower, he stepped into the living room, the television still stuck on the friends title screen. he scrunched up his nose, grabbing the remote, turning it off with a click. 

the dance studio was empty when he arrived much to his delight. though he loved his younger students they were unbearably loud, with surplus amounts of energy and he didn't mind a bit of quiet time every now and again. he slid down onto the floor and started to stretch, closing his eyes, trying his hardest to relax. 

"hey jimin!" a quick knock at the door followed the chirping voice. 

the blond jumped, spinning around in surprise at the call of his name. leaning against the door frame was another dance instructor, eyes bright as he stepped into the room. 

"hi kino!" he said softly, patting the space next to him, inviting the other to sit. the dancer complied, starting to stretch as well. 

"did you hear what happened last night in the parking lot?" the younger man asked, blowing out his bangs nonchalantly, but his words sent a chill right down jimin's spine. 

he stared down at the floors, gulping a bit as images flashed by in his mind, similar to flipping through a picture book. "n-no i didn't, what happened?" he asked slowly, trying to sound natural. but the vivid memory of jungkook pulling out that knife made him clench his eyes shut. 

kino was oblivious. he was staring deeply into the mirror as he pushed himself into a pretty impressive split. "some guy killed himself last night in the lot. they said he shot himself in his car. can you believe it?"