4. spark

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good."

― W.H Auden

jimin woke up that morning way too warm and way too confused. he could feel a strong arm around his waist pinning down and a pair of lips letting out deep breaths next to his ear. he absentmindedly snuggled down into the embrace, getting comfortable. but the moment was gone in a snap, when he realized exactly who was holding him so tightly. his eyes shot open in lightning speed and he awkwardly squirmed out of the embrace. 

namjoon was asleep, hair a mess, snoring into the pillow like a bear in hibernation. it was kind of adorable in a way and jimin fought back the urge to smooth the other man's hair down. he pushed himself off of the bed and to the bathroom, to freshen up before namjoon woke up. his hair was stuck up all around his head and he groaned, running his hands through it quickly. 

when he stepped back into his bedroom, namjoon was awake, rubbing his eyes, looking even more confused than jimin felt. sleeping next to the older man had been a sweet experience. the warmth and presence of another person next to him had made him sleep deeper and more peacefully than he had in a while. but it felt like he had been sleeping for years instead of hours.

"what time is it?" namjoon rasped, looking around in the sheets for his cellphone. 

"8:40." jimin squinted, raising a hand to the beautiful yet bright sun peeking through the window. the brunette's face fell and he stumbled off of the bed, almost falling, catching himself with a sleepy groan.

 the shorter man muffled a squeaky laugh behind his hand, "i'm guessing you have to go to work?" 

"i was supposed to be at work an hour ago." namjoon sighed, raising his arms up to stretch which in turn the bottom of his shirt. and jimin tried so hard not to look but he couldn't help himself. and he was happy that he did because the brunette's toned stomach was a sight to see. he blushed and looked away quickly, patting his cheeks when the other man wasn't looking.  

"you have to be at work so early." he hummed, and then froze, placing a thoughtful hand to his cheek. namjoon had never told him what he did for a living, and the more he thought of it, the more curious he was. 

he bit his lip, watching as namjoon shrugged on his jacket, "hey, u-um, namjoon,"

but his voice came out like a small mumble that the other didn't hear as he grabbed his phone and apartment keys. jimin didn't get to repeat himself as the older man stepped forward, hugging him for yet another time. he swallowed, lifting his arms to hug him back, but it was more brief than the first time and a part of him felt disappointed. 

"thank you for last night," namjoon quirked the corner of his lip, "i'm sorry i declined your offer the first time." 

"it's okay," jimin shook his head, his tone full of sincerity, "thanks for eating cold takeout with me." 

"anytime." he laughed, and swiftly said his goodbyes, the shorter man waving from the couch.

when the door closed, he slumped into the seat, closing his eyes in bliss. then they shot open for the second time that day and a grumpy pout settled on his face. he remembered had to cover his coworker's shift in 2 hours. 

"i bet she's not even really sick." he sulked, heading off into the bathroom for a shower.