Whiskey and You Lyric Fic

Chib's sat on the foot of the bed you two had shared for six years now, his head swimming with the scent of your favorite perfume. Your jewelry littered the dresser along with a framed picture from your wedding day. So much had happened since the day you two had said your vows. So much destruction and death carried out because of the reaper he wore on his back. He knew he had to push you away to protect you. Jax had just lost Tara to the Chinese, he would be damned if you were to be harmed because of him or his club. Knowing the only way to make you leave would be to betray the trust you had instilled in him, he got to his feet had sought out the one thing that would break your heart.

There's a bottle on the dresser by your ring
And it's empty so right now I don't feel a thing
I'll be hurting when I wake up on the floor
But I'll be over it by noon
That's the difference between whiskey and you

You walked into the clubhouse looking for your old man. He hadn't checked in today like he usually did, and you were worried sick. Passing the bar, Tig spotted you and jumped up from his seat, catching you by the arm. "He's not back there beautiful". You stared into the bright blue eyes of one of your best friends and knew instantly that he was lying. The familiar feeling of dread bloomed in your stomach. "You never were good at lying to me Tiggy." You sighed as you laid your bag down on the bar. Sidestepping Tig you made your way to the last bedroom on the right. This had been Chib's dorm before you two had bought a house together. Bracing yourself for what laid behind that door, you took a deep breath and turned the handle. Chibs laid in his bed, the blanket he was laying under covered him from the waist down. The dollar bill tattoo on his chest glistened with sweat. His dark brown eyes met your green ones as you spotted the red bra and thong laying at the foot of the bed. "You shouldn't be here love" he stated as he lit a cigarette with the Zippo you had bought him for your three year anniversary. His bathroom door opened and Rachel, the one crow eater you hated with a passion stepped out in nothing but one of Filip's shirts. "I didn't know we were expecting company" she giggled, crawling back in bed with your old man. Chibs leaned up and placed a kiss on Rachel's lips before looking back at you. Tears were leaving wet trails down your cheeks, and your heart felt as if the glue Chibs had used to put it back together was cracking, revealing once again the holes you had there. Tig appeared in the doorway and gently tugged at your elbow. "Come on doll, you need to get out of here". Before it registered what you were doing, you had slipped your engagement ring and wedding and flung them across the room. "Goodbye Filip", your voice barely above a whisper. "I curse the day I fell in love with you".

Come tomorrow, I can walk in any store
It ain't a problem, they'll always sell me more
But your forgiveness
Well, that's something I can't buy
There ain't a thing that I can do
That's the difference between whiskey and you
One's the devil, one keeps driving me insane
At times I wonder if they ain't both the same
But one's a liar that helps to hide me from my pain
And one's the long gone bitter truth
That's the difference between whiskey and you

Weeks went by without a word from her. The constant ache of missing her was heavy in Chib's chest. Needing to fill that hole, Chib's began to drink more whiskey than the clubhouse could stock. Weeks turned into months, and a month turned into three. Bottle after bottle Chib's covered the pain of missing you. He knew you were better off without him, how could you not be? He had filed for divorce weeks ago with no response from you Finally one day, Lowen caught up with him at the clubhouse, a brown envelope hugged tight to her chest. "You need to sit down Filip". She told him, pulling a chair out from the closest table. Dread instantly filled his heart.

I've got a problem but it ain't like what you think
I drink because I'm lonesome and I'm lonesome 'cause I drink
But if I don't break down and bring it on myself
It'll hit out of the blue
That's the difference between whiskey and you

Chib's sat down in front of a black polished rock. Her name engraved underneath an image of a rose. The tears and anguish he had been desperately trying to hold back were now falling freely down his scarred cheeks. A drunk driver had fallen asleep at the wheel, headed eastbound on the 580, crossed the centerline and hit his one and only head on. She had passed without pain, quicker than the death that awaited the man who had killed you. "I'm so sorry love". Chib's cried to the headstone, wishing he could the events of the past year back. "I promise I'll find you again darlin'" he whispered as his fingers traced the letters of your name.

One's the devil, one keeps driving me insane
At times I wonder, oh if they ain't both the same
But one's a liar that helps to hide me from my pain
And one's the long gone bitter truth
That's the difference between whiskey and you

Ah, that's the difference between whiskey and you