II. THE CANVAS HUNT

i'm looking for a way into your cold frozen heart, and what i find, are lotus flowers blooming with blue-toned love.

a/n
here's another bc i'm really liking writing this so far (:

The next day was better for the younger, the sun bleeding through cotton clouds and drying the large puddles on the streets. Ice creams were handed out by the old lady across the street in her little cafe, shorts worn and jumpers tucked away in closets, smiles shared as laughter surrounded everyone. Customers rolled in regularly for the supply shop, keeping Jeongguk busy from serving them and restocking the shelves.

But the man from yesterday, the insanely attractive man with the sea foam eyes, seemed to be stuck in his head. All he could remember was those beach irises and green bangs, the ripped skinny jeans and the tiny strokes of blue paint on the tanned hands of his. Jeongguk didn't really know why but he wasn't all that bothered by it; it had happened before so it was soon to pass.

"Have a nice day! Remember, don't draw on your walls otherwise your eomma will get mad!" Jeongguk warns Hanbin, smiling at the little boy who clutched his felt pens gratefully.

"Thank you Jeongguk!" The boy never used the respectful terms, but Jeongguk didn't exactly care. He didn't with Jimin either. So he watched as Hanbin left the shop running to his mother, a certain man moving out of the way so the child didn't barge into him.

Shit shit shit, Jeongguk mentally cursed as he put more canvases in the rack, fluffing up his hair to try and look as best he could, wiping his slightly sweaty palms on his jean-cladded thighs.

He walks in with a seemingly alluring lustre, tanned skin glimmering from the sun's delicate rays hitting the flesh and irises embedded in doe-like eyes. The younger brunet wanted to stare but didn't, instead more interested in the white paint dabbled on his hands instead of blue this time, some even on his lightwash ripped jeans.

"Need any help?" Jeongguk asks, trying to act as casual as he could while walking in front of him. The man smiles a little, closed-mouthed but still sending Jeongguk's cheeks a pink hue.

"Do you happen to have massive canvases here? Like, the size of a window maybe?" Couldn't be any more specific.

Jeongguk thinks for a moment, then grinning at remembering the bigger canvases in the back of the shop. He motions the handsome man to follow him as he leads them through a painted-red door, into an echoey room filled with messy unorganised shelving units.

The younger walks to the left, stepping so he faced the man with a bunny grin. "Ta da!"

Light irises marvel at the room while scanning at the selection of canvases, not knowing that one room could please him as much as this did. It was messily pleasing; a few paint bottles had splattered across a table and had been left there to dry, paint tubes hung on a rack to show different shades, sketchpads of all sizes and colours thrown onto a shelf.

"Uhm, hello? Sir? Which one would you like?" Jeongguk breaks the stuffy silence, not liking the dust starting to collect in his lungs. The man snaps back into reality hearing the brunet cough, focusing on the biggest canvas they had.

"This one. Please." Jeongguk didn't really know why someone would need a canvas that big but didn't bother to ask, just wanting to get out of the room to fill his lungs with fresh air. So he nods, picking it up and waddles awkwardly out of the room towards the counter.

What he didn't know, was the man was now checking out his ass instead.

✧✦✧