XX. SKY PAINTBRUSHES

the bittersweet taste embedded on your rose lips will always have me begging for more.

a/nthere will be a different ending from here on out,, new readers won't notice but old ones and rereaders will

a/n
there will be a different ending from here on out,, new readers won't notice but old ones and rereaders will

sorry for an confusion loves <33

It was the most pain he had felt in a while.

"What do you mean? I thought I did lo-" Taehyung was dragged out by the infuriated Yoongi, only to freeze in his forced steps and stare with wide doe eyes at the trembling younger. When the younger artist took a step forward to comfort Jeongguk, said brunet gave out a loud sob of rejection for his hug.

"Shit," Taehyung cursed under his breath, realisation of the situation hitting him hard. "Shit shit shit."

Yoongi pinched the bridge of his nose. "You're an absolute fucking idiot! Why don't y-"

"AND YOU'RE NOT?!" Jeongguk exploded. He had enough of seeing his hyungs upset and broken by these two, but for himself to be even weaker than others had left him before just made him even more angry. "YOU PLAYED MY FUCKING BROTHER AND WENT OFF WITH HIS BEST FRIEND!"

Yoongi and Taehyung stared at Jeongguk, shocked by his outburst but slowly realised he had every reason and excuse there was to act that way. They had messed with their hearts, their friends, and now had to suffer with the consequences. Whatever they may be.

"Jeongguk, it wasn't just my decision you know? Jimin had a choice to be with me or not, and believe it if you may, but he accepted it. He could've rejected me there and then but he didn't." Yoongi spoke calm, unlike the whirling storm of anger and blue in the depths of the youngest's heart.

"That prick," Jeongguk scoffed. "would take anything breathing he's that desperate. But you were practically with my brother and dropped him when he's sick of all things-" Taehyung placed a wary hand on his arm to try and soothe that storm, but only seemed to make it worse. "DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH ME!"

Taehyung felt himself wanting to cry.

He could've tried harder to get those feelings back for Jeongguk. He could've told him directly, instead of the younger listening in on the conversation. He just could've done more for this fragile boy but didn't.

And he hated the world for it.

He hated himself for it.

✧✦✧

Jeongguk slammed the front door of his shared apartment behind him with the most force he could muster, sinking to the carpet after the door had barricaded him between himself and Taehyung. He ran home with weakened limbs and a trembling heart, and only cried harder when he scraped his knee on the damp concrete.