XIX. CUPID'S BROKEN ARROW

lies falling from cracked lips always seemed to be the one step repeated in our love story.

"Jin..." Jeongguk sighed as he lifted the corner of the pink duvet, peering underneath to see a sniffling puffy-eyed Seokjin, cuddling a light brown stuffed bear to his chest and his blond hair falling into his vision. The younger felt empathy pooling in his stomach, his hand pulling back the duvet to reveal more of the elder.

"I really liked him, guk...I really really really liked him." Jin whispered in a hoarse tone, throat scratched raw and mood a soft blue.

Jeongguk laid beside the elder after taking off his shoes, pulling the duvet over their heads as Jin remained in his curled ball form. The younger held his hyung close as a source of warmth and comfort, breathing in the scent of home baking and salty tears shed from heartbreak. Jin sniffles harder and let a dry sob tumble from plump lips, appreciating the way Jeongguk knew just what he needed to help; hugs.

"What about Hobi?"

"He's asleep now." Jeongguk whispered.

Moments passed, both taking in the day's events with heavy swollen hearts and cotton-filled minds.

"I think...I think Jimin liked you too, you know," Jeongguk mumbled into blond strands. "He'd look at you with such happiness and love that it started to piss me off."

Jin chuckled and playfully smacked Jeongguk's chest, hand going back to the soft fur of his bear after. "That's more money for the swear jar."

Jeongguk chuckled and hugged his hyung closer, weak sunlight from the setting horizon bleeding through cream blinds as the blue day came to a close.

✧✦✧

He was angry, fuming, furious that Yoongi had done this to his brother. Both Hoseok and Seokjin were at home, comforting each other and spending relaxing time, Hoseok still needing to rest his leg; Jeongguk thought that Taehyung may need a visit, undoubtedly getting lonely from being on his own this whole time. A faint buzz of conversation was heard from inside the studio, Jeongguk straining his ears just a tad to try and figure out the words.

With no avail, he huffed and walked straight on in, knowing Taehyung wouldn't mind that much unless his guest was super important. And by the familiar navy Doc.Martens by the door, he knew that the guest wasn't one who wanted a good impression. Yoongi didn't really care for such things.

"I just can't, Yoongi, and I don't know why!"

Jeongguk's brows furrowed together as he shut the door behind him quietly, taking careful pads towards the kitchen as the conversation went back to muffled. As soon as the younger had reached the middle of the living room, just having stepped round the coffee table cluttered with sketch pads and graphite, the deep voice of Taehyung made him freeze.

"I just can't bring myself to have those sort of feelings for Jeongguk, okay?! He's just...different. And I'm not sure if it's a good or bad kind."

Jeongguk swallowed deep and felt his eyes fill with tears of mixed emotions. He was embarrassed that he'd let Taehyung into his life, that he'd let the artist paint every inch of his heart with upmost love. He was devastated that he'd practically rejected by yet another man, the one man he had genuine feelings and interest for. He was angry that Taehyung had acted in a way that made it seem he returned the same feelings for the younger, angry at the world for breaking his heart once more.

Why are we getting hurt by these Daegu artists? I should've followed Hobi's advice. He should've followed his own advice.

A few more sentences were spoken but Jeongguk didn't pay no attention, only finding annoyance and fury laced into the voice of Yoongi. Said elder walked out of the kitchen, eyes turning wide seeing the silently crying Jeongguk shaking in the middle of the room.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Yoongi whispered. Then his face turned furious, storming back into the kitchen and slamming the door open. "Taehyung when will you ever learn to lock the fucking door?!"

✧✦✧

1