IX. LEMON BREAD

heart a shade of blue but soul a shining golden hue.

a/nahahahaha the deep sentence thingy rhymed hahahhaa

a/n
ahahahaha the deep sentence thingy rhymed hahahhaa

Yoongi and Taehyung waited in the Dandelion Cafe for a certain clumsy male to appear, while they sipped on black coffee and snacked on lemon bread. The soft fluffy texture occupied a distraught green-haired artist from his thoughts, the strong sharp taste of the coffee keeping him awake. Yoongi sighed mentally; he knew that Taehyung wasn't doing all that well, and didn't quite know what to do about it.

"Tae...have you tried talking to her?" Taehyung shook his head, fiddling with the silver fork as another piece was taken from the bread. Yoongi set down his own, picking up his cup and taking a quick gulp.

"She wouldn't want to talk to me anyway. She'd push me away and call me a fucking freak again." The younger mumbled, feeling anxiety bubbling in his stomach, brewing up a storm in his blue heart. She never fully understood.

A sigh tumbled from pale pink lips of an empathetic elder, his milky hand coming in contact with the younger's shoulder for a reassuring pat. As soon as his hand left, Namjoon walked in, the bell above the door dinging to signify his entry.

"Well don't you two just look happy this morning." He gave a soft dimpled smile; he wasn't the nicest out of their little group, but his smiles sure did shine a little positivity onto any situation.

"When are we not happy?" Yoongi chuckled at his comment, because the three of them were certainly not happiest of people. Maybe that's why they became artists, to paint out unspoken emotions but silently suffer in the darkness of their studios, paintbrush in hand as pigment stained their clothes.

Namjoon gave a short laugh and looked over at Taehyung, who was still picking absentmindedly at the spongy lemon bread, the glaze shining along the pink flesh of his lips. He smiled wider at him, Taehyung giving a stiff nod.

"So about this week's payment..."

Taehyung drifted away from the conversation, thoughts only consisting of that one boy who seemed to be too normal for him.

Jeongguk wouldn't mind another visit to his shop...would he?

✧✦✧

Jeongguk traced his fingers along the smooth wood of the shop counter, shapes of stars invisible along the surface created out of boredom. It wasn't necessarily a busy day, but not exactly the quietest either; Jeongguk tended to get bored easily.

Jimin had just left to get coffee, and already Jeongguk was missing company. He didn't like being left alone to his thoughts; they scared him since the things that sometimes ran through his mind...well, let's just say they weren't exactly nice things.

"Hey Jeongguk." The brunet lifted his eyes off the linoleum flooring, chocolate orbs meeting with ones of sea foam. Tanned skin seemed a few shades paler, lips speckled with crimson showing he bit the flesh too hard, green hair more limp than usual.

He looked a little...off.

"Are you okay? You look like you're going to throw up." Taehyung just blinked, placing yellow paintbrushes on the counter along with two cans of spray paint, one green and the other blue. Jeongguk raised a brow at the odd selection, the older smiling at a curious younger with question swirling in said male's irises.

"What is it?" He spoke with a scratch to his voice, vocal cords sore from the amount of sobs he let go a mere half hour ago.

"You use spray paint? I didn't see any art with it at your place." Jeongguk mumbled, scanning the items slowly as he tried to control the pace of his heart. Taehyung chuckled dryly, liking how Jeongguk was so confused over spray paint of all things.

"I do. And I use them to vandalise the street behind my house so you probably have seen my 'art' with them." A smirk graced upon the reddened lips of his, the younger's eyes widening while placing the items into a white plastic bag.

"That's sorta illegal. What makes you think you can just go ahead and do that?!" Jeongguk hissed, shocked that the artist would even do that when he had canvases and his own walls at home.

Taehyung leaned over the counter and took the bag out of his hands, fingers brushing against one another's to generate the smallest dose of electricity.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about me Jeongguk. Drop by again some time, I'd love to show you what I can do."

✧✦✧