VIII. HIS STRESSED BROTHER

your skin felt like soft silk underneath my pale fingertips, lips a soft shade of rose and as delicate as the flowers petals, your touch light and smooth like a lake's water.

a/n
double update bc i'm in that mood

The sun woke up a peaceful Jeongguk, the rays slowly making its way along sharp cheekbones and shining along up to his eyelids. His chocolate irises shone when he opened them for the waking world to see, chirps from the already woken birds filling his ears. It was a heavenly feeling, to wake up in soft sheets that was heavily scented with citrus and be granted with a warm morning sun.

Coffee, a strong prominent scent, drifted towards his nose and made him smile, mouth dry from sleep and body still tired. Numbed limbs swing round to the side of the bed, lifting the younger up and standing on oak floorboards, walking him through the bedroom door to the living room.

A yawn escaped pink lips as he entered, to see the artist with a cup of coffee in one hand and a book in another. Another cup sat on the small coffee table on top of yet another sketch pad, ashtray beside it with the stub of a cigarette still smoking.

"Morning," Taehyung spoke with a deeper voice laced with tiredness. "Made you some coffee if you'd like it..."

Jeongguk smiled wider at that, sitting beside the elder on the worn couch and took the ceramic cup in both hands. When he tasted the substance, a bitter strong flavour washed over his raw tongue, not all that surprised that the coffee Taehyung liked was black.

"Black coffee isn't my favourite but it gets me in a creative mood. Hope you don't hate it that much." Taehyung explained, putting his Monet book on the coffee table where the cup previously was and took out his phone.

"No no, I like it," Jeongguk took another sip, quite enjoying how the elder was so natural around him. Other times with men, they'd either been too awkward and stumbled over words, or they'd shoo him out the front door. Sometimes it was even the window. "It wakes me up better in the morning."

Taehyung looked over and nodded, going back to texting on his phone. "Yoongi and Hoseok are having problems and it's kinda pissing me off, so if I get snappy, blame them." Dark brows belonging to the younger shot up at the mention of a familiar name, the brown of his orbs dancing with curiosity.

"Hoseok? Jung Hoseok?" He knew that his older brother had a thing for someone of the name Yoongi, but never interfered. He didn't want to get involved in his brother's love life because honestly, that was just time spent on bitching and complaining about catching feelings. Jung Hoseok got attached quickly and Jeongguk was always the one he'd try to complain to.

"Yeah...wait, why?"

The younger set down his coffee, fiddling with the hem of his shirt and tracing circles on his thighs. "He's my brother."

Taehyung made a noise of realisation, nodding after observing the brunet with fascination. "Well anyway, your brother is having quite the rough time with Yoongi. Something about really bad sex last night-"

"I really don't want to hear about my brother's sex life thank you very much." Jeongguk cut him off, causing Taehyung to let out a dry chuckle and carry on texting.

I better go see Hobi.

✧✦✧

"He's horrible, like how could you just do that to a person with no explanation?!" Hoseok exploded as he paced the kitchen angrily, hands occasionally tugging at blond hair as Jimin and Jeongguk watched. The brother of the stressed elder sighed, not really knowing what to do as Jimin tried not to laugh.

"You and Yoongi weren't even together, why are you so bothered about it?"

Hoseok kicked over a dining chair, the piece of furniture making a loud clatter against the linoleum of the kitchen floor. "I don't know! I guess I feel used because he simply...kicked me out! No reason why, just a 'thank you and goodbye'! And the sex was shitty so I guess he thanked me for fuck all!"

Jimin bit at his hand from containing his giggles, the youngest hitting his arm and shooed him out the door. As soon as he left, loud laughter was heard but Hoseok didn't seem to care.

"Jeongguk...do you know Taehyung?" The random question surprised Jeongguk, eyes widening at his sibling's question. Said brunet swallowed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"A little, why?"

Hoseok scoffed, picking up the dining chair and looked straight into his eyes, his own spheres glimmering with hurt and anger. The elder was going in a spiral of emotions as he warned his brother, temper almost off the rails.

"Well be careful. Because those Daegu twats sure like to cause trouble."

✧✦✧