PART THREE.

Harry.

Harry was his name. The name sounded familiar. VERY familiar.

It was the one name that had failed to escape my mind from the moment he came along and completely enchanted me.

Basically the moment we met.

"My name is Harry by the way. It's very nice to meet you" He introduced politely, while kindly extending his hand for me to shake it.

I looked at his hand for a moment, nervously biting down on my bottom lip while questioning whether I should exchange information with this stranger. I had already told him most of my personal life story, so it didn't seem like much of a problem at the time, but a part of me thought it was safest not to. I shook his hand while flashing him the friendliest smile I could muster.

"Lavender, and it's nice to meet you as well. Thank you for everything by the way. I feel much better." I partly lied. It was true, I was VERY grateful and thankful to have Harry comfort me, however I wasn't sure if I trusted him enough to tell him my real name just yet. After all, I didn't know him that well. Better safe than sorry. 

When I originally came here to the lake, I didn't and especially not in a million years imagine it would end up like this. I expected it to be just me and nature enjoying eachothers company, like it usually was. Just me and the tranquil waters. The tree's that swayed with the wind and the rustling leaves that were always heard but never seen, as I would wait for the encompassing darkness to envelope the world out of the faintest light. 

But no, it was far from just that.

Along the way I met Harry. Harry was a gorgeous boy, there was no doubt about that. But there were things about him that I didn't notice from the beginning. There was so much more to him. His beauty was just the Christmas wrapping of a wonderful present. The present inside holds so much more value than the wrapping it's covered with, and that's exactly how it was like with Harry. Although he was definetly an attractive young fellow, his personality spoke so much more about him. 

Harry was a sweet boy who had a big heart. He was the type of boy who had a little modern yet old school gentleman inside of him. The type of guy that would show respect for you and your morals. The type of guy that would gladly open the door for you. The type of guy that would offer you his jacket and insist you take it, even when you refuse because of how cold it would be for him. Most importantly, he was the type of guy that would be able to put a smile on your face no matter how sad you were.

It was something that I deeply admired about him. Talking to him, it made me forget all my worries. Almost like they didn't even exist anymore, it was just me and him, nothing else mattered. He made me forget the fact that I was hurting. He made me forget my past life as an orphan.

Growing up in an orphanage, my life was always hard. You couldn't rely on anybody. You had to rely on hope and your very own faith. The type of faith that will help carry you into the loving arms of another family. I grew up alone in the orphanage, never talked to anybody, and only managed to make one friend whom till today I have no clue about. I grew up completely isolated from life itself. Almost like I never was even alive untill the minute I stepped foot out of the orphanage. I remember those lonely nights, when I would snuggle under my worn out blanket and shut my eyes hoping that I would drift away into another world. The nights where I would cry myself to sleep, my head ready to explode from the questions that constantly raced through my mind. 

Where are my parents?

Why am I here?

Where's mommy and daddy and little brother?