PART FIVE.

For a few moments, for the very first time in my life, I felt like I was actually trapped in a fairytale.

But the best of all this, was the fact that I wasn’t in this fairytale and whirlwind of emotions on my own. I was with Harry, and that made everything all the more worthwhile.

After having went through a series of complications, introductions and recollections of old yet sweet memories, here we were scattered upon the ground looking up at the sublime stars which were dancing radiantly in the sky, exhausted from this roller-coaster of a day.

“You know… they say on a really dark night like this, you can see about 1000 to 1500 stars. “ He explained, passion over the subject threading his tone of voice. “Trying to tell which is which is hard though.They say the real purpose for constellations is to help us tell which stars are which, nothing more. It’s quite interesting really if you ask me.” This time he ended knowingly, while gesticulating towards the sky in hopes that his use of pointing and swift gestures would contribute to my understanding of whatever he was droning on about.

The more I seemed to try and pay attention to his continuous ramblings, the more I got lost. Was it the harmonious sound of the silence surrounding our two figures? Was it the distracting rustling of leaves or slick creatures in the bushes gallivanting about? Was it the sound of the cold gust of late night spring air whistling through the open space? Or maybe it was the pool of darkness that we call the sky. But no, it was none of those things.

It was the sound of his voice that was distracting.

It was slowly enrapturing me.

The way his raspy tone resonated in the vacancy of the composed obscurity, ringing in my ears making me feel safe and important. The way every single word would roll off his tongue. How he spoke to me with grand determination in attempt of sparking my interest about astronomy.   And most importantly, the way every single syllable and sound would slip off of his plump lips. His voice was sweet and soft, like silk. It was rich and vibrant like the striking rays of the sunlight beating down against our faces as we were strolling down the shore line. And to be honest it could be considered just as magical as my mother’s long forest of almond brown curls. I could have just stayed there lying down while closing my eyes listening to nothing but his voice go on and on. When he spoke to me, he didn’t speak to me as if I was Rose. Rose, the girl who was always insecure. Rose who always would fake a smile on her face hoping that people will never notice the constant hurt that would be fuming and building up inside of her, ready to pour out a storm of tears. Rose, who never trusted in anyone but herself. Rose, who never believed in love or happiness.

Somehow, he changed me.

I’m no longer Rose, the shy, timid, self-conscious lonely girl. I was Lavender. That’s who I really was. My real personality. Everything that I always strived to bring out of myself. I always desired to break free from my depressing spirits in order to fulfill and bring out my true colors. My true identity and personality. I was never able to do so, having incessantly been haunted by unwanted thoughts and feelings. Feelings of disappointment from my real parents. Before meeting Harry I was just plain and boring Rose, the complete mess and wreck. Now I have finally found myself. I’m Lavender the happy, cheerful, bubbly, optimistic girl that’s full of life in which I was always meant to be. Lavender was the life character that I was always meant to portray. But instead, I would always make myself feel miserable and bury myself with hordes of memories and parts of my undesirable history. And like the happy girl I used to be, that part of me was known as history just a mere few hours ago. Up until now of course.