.24

"I'm very glad you're feeling better, Ahsoka," Barriss said as she took a seat next to Ella and Ahsoka. Ahsoka had been confined to the med bay at the temple, while Ella was with Anakin leading the attacks on the Malevolence. The three of them hadn't seen each other in weeks.

"I was fine this entire time!" Ahsoka shrilled, throwing her hands in the air. "Why does everyone keep saying that?"

"You thought I liked Anakin, Ahsoka!" Ella's eyes were wide with denial. "Obviously you were delirious!"

"Wait," Barriss said, her voice becoming serious, "she thought you like-liked him?"

Ahsoka nodded smirking at Ella for reasons she didn't understand. "Yes! Only an oxygen deprived person would say that-!" Ella shrieked.

"Then you must have really been fine then, Ahsoka," Barriss laughed, cutting Ella off.

"What?!" Ella squeaked, her cheeks turning red again.

"You totally like him," Ahsoka squealed, nudging Ella's shoulder. "It's so obvious."

"No it's not!" Ella argued, scrunching her face up in defense. "I don't feel anything towards him!"

"Oh so you wouldn't mind if I found him right now and kissed him?" Ahsoka giggled, a evil smirk on her face. She was definitely back to full health, being her snarky self again.

"That's not allowed!"

"Because he's your territory?" Barriss teased her making Ahsoka snort.

"No! You can't have attachments!"

"Kissing someone doesn't mean having an attachment-!" Ahsoka's loud chattering was interrupted by someone walking into Ella's room.

"What's this about kissing someone?" Anakin asked as he ducked under the door frame.

Ella's went numb, completely frozen with her eyes wide. Ahsoka and Barriss ducked behind her, laughing hysterically. She bit her lip, trying to find a way to speak without laughing or slapping her two friends. Her cheeks were now bright red.

"N- nothing!" She stammered in a high pitched voice.

"Sure thing, El," Anakin smirked at her, making her heart skip a beat. She really hoped he couldn't sense this from her, that would be terrible.

He wandered over to the spinning chair that was placed by her desk and took a seat, twirling around once with the Force. When he was turned around Ella shot a glare at Ahsoka and Barriss and then whipped herself back into her original stance as he spun back to where he was facing them.

"So..." Ella squeaked, urging him to explain why he was here.

"I have to have a purpose to come hang out with you?" he asked in defense, cocking his head with a smile. She looked at him and for a split second swore she saw a shadow behind his eyes.

"Well- no," Ella said awkwardly, "I just didn't think Masters hung out with their Padawans."

"Well," Anakin said, fiddling with one of her pens that had been askew on her desk, "I thought we were more than just Master and Padawan."