Chapter 18

Luke
"Have you seen Selene?" I sighed, gripping the bridge of my nose as I approached Tommy and Jen. Jen looked concerned but Tommy kind of gave me that British eye roll/scoff. I only say British because everything he did looked British or sounded British. EVERYTHING. I mean I get it, you're British and you make Selene hot and bothered when you walk into the room, but is it necessary to be British all the time? Oh god...

"Way to go mate. You just got her back and now you've lost her. Again" he patted my shoulder before turning away, frozen strawberry lemonade in hand. I glared at the back of his head as he walked away, mentally cursing him.

"What's his problem?" I grumbled to Jen who was texting furiously fast.

"Oh I don't know Luke. He's not only in love with Selene, he's been for the past, hmm let me see, 3 years! And you coming back into Selene life is kind of a big deal, and I don't think any of us are ready for it. I don't know how this will affect Selene or me, or anyone. Yourself included" Jenny said, her eyes never leaving her phone.

"Why are you always on your ph-"

"I'm texting Selene to make sure she's okay! Especially after you lost her" she snapped, turning around and walking in the direction Tommy went. She left me alone with my thoughts. Besides the fact that I was worried about Selene, I also had no fucking idea how 'in love' Tommy was with her. Maybe we shouldn't get back together.

"Luke!" A voice yelled from behind me. I turned sharply to see dan sulking in a dark corner and Telle and Zack talking to an officer. Dan was obviously high, but what about Telle and Zack? What had they done? I quickly walked over and Telle was pointing to me, saying something to the officer, concern evident in the way his eyes shifted around the place, and the gleam in them making me get nervous.

"Did she get arrested? Again?" I muttered to Zack.

"Were you the last person to see Selene?" The officer asked. Aren't cops supposed to use people's last names? I mean...

"Yes, I was. Is she okay?" She better be alright. I could not afford to lose her now.

"Well she's alright, a little shaken but she'll survive," the officer laughed, writing something down in his notepad, "neither of them want to press charges so I guess I'll just talk to Selene quickly and you're free to go"

Wait what? Was I getting in trouble or...

The officer walked away and I cringed as Telle turned to glare at me. I knew I was in trouble. Big trouble.

"Why the hell would you leave Selene alone? She could have gotten hurt" Telle hissed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What even happened? She disappeared and I couldn't find her. Why are you blaming this on me?" I huffed, looking around for Selene. I saw her talking to an officer and Jenny and Tommy were standing protectively near her. See! That could be me! But nooooo stupid British English guy. What was he?! British or English?! Wait....

"Where is Tommy from?" I asked.

"Are you even paying attention?!" Telle groaned.

"Sorry...it's just...never mind. I'm going to go see if she's okay" I sighed. I walked over to where she was and patiently waited for the officer to stop talking to her. Once the officer walked away, I approached her.

"Sel, are you okay?" I asked softly. I still didn't know what happened so...

She nodded and folded herself into my arms. I hugged her tightly and when she pulled away, she smacked me on the side of the head. She didn't look upset, or hurt so....