Chapter 20

Selene;

"You know, I think Jenny and Pam are still in line at Indiana Jones" I said, slinging my legs over Luke's lap as we shared an ice cream.

"Well then they're just going to have to accept the fact that I stole you away" he shrugged. I took the spoon from his hand and ate the last of the ice cream,

"Well, I just stole the last of the ice cream, what're you going to do about it?" I challenged, flipping him off.

"What do you think I'm going to do?" He snorted, his face suddenly closer to mine. Selene can't breathe. Please move away. About five feet would be nice. We stared in silence for a while until I could finally swallow without it hurting.

"Kiss me" I whispered.

And he did.

It'd been so long since the last time we'd kissed and the spark was still there. We didn't kiss for too long, it was just a brief thing. No face eating done. He wrapped his arms around my waist and closed his eyes, leaning his forehead against mine.

"I love you, Selene" he sighed, his shaky breath fanning across my lips.

His eyes opened to meet mine and he touched his lips to mine one last time.

"God dammit" I mumbled.

"What?" He laughed, standing up and pulling me with him.

"I hate you, you know that?" I poked his stomach and he giggled briefly. Ticklish little monster. He grabbed my hand in his and pulled me towards my favorite ride in the park.

Space fucking Mountain.

"And why do you hate me?" He asked.

"Oh you know. Reasons"

"Reasons, okay" he nodded like he understood and we got in line. I pulled Jenny's and my fastpass out of my pocket and waved them in his face.

"Oh my gosh. You're the best!" He squeaked, reaching for a pass.

"Nope" I pulled them out of his reach and held them behind my back.

"Whaaaat?" He whined.

"Besito" I chuckled, getting on my tiptoes.

"Sel..." He whined, "I d-"

I grabbed his collar and pulled his lips to mine. I heard him laugh as he pulled me closer.

"That's what it means" he said, his cheeks reddening.

"I just wanted a kiss. Come on stupid, lets go get in the cool people line" I grabbed his hand as we got out of line to you know, get in the cool people line.

"I'm fucking cold" I grumbled to Luke. I don't understand why Disneyland was always either too hot or too cold.

"You're wearing a flannel Selene" Luke muttered.

"This is the part where you give me your jacket" I rolled my eyes.

"What if I get cold?" He asked, unzipping his sweater.

"You're not important" I shrugged.

He threw his sweater around my shoulders and kissed my cheek. My phone started to ring and I groaned as I tried to pull it from the pocket of my shorts. Either these shorts were too small or I needed to lose a few pounds.

"Where are you?" Jenny asked before I could even get a word in.

"Fucking Adam Levine in the back seat of his car. Where else?" I shrugged.