the barrier between them

"Tora," I breathed out as he left no space between us, his head resting beside my neck as his breath fanned over my neck's skin.

"Saying my name like that is dangerous, Y/N," he pressed his lips against my neck as I closed my eyes and tried to focus on comforting Tora. "Who knows the things I'll do?" He teased as I felt my finger twitch in annoyance.

"Tora, h-"

"You want us to get closer, right? Trying to break the walls between us?" His arms went to stay around my lower back as he pushed me up against him. "I know the perfect way," his eyes glinted as I narrowed my own.

"Tora," I started, grabbing his shirt in my fist as I pulled him closer to me. "Your dirty charms don't work with me, you already know that," I laid a hand on his chest to push him back.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, placing my head over his shoulder as I held him tightly. I couldn't think of any other way to get him to relax a bit.

But my plan backfired completely when he tensed instead. Sighing, I didn't move as he didn't relax either.

"I'm not going to hurt you," I spoke softly as he stayed frozen. "I'm just trying to help."

"You know where you need to stay that will keep me standing," he stepped back, straightening his shirt and jacket.

"By your side," I nodded.

Tora stepped towards me once more, leaning his forehead against mine. Before he could speak, there was a knock on the door and he stiffened again, backing away from me. He went to sit back behind his desk and I went to go stand next to him when the doors were pushed open and Tora's father came in.

"Tora," he nodded at Tora as he gave a simple nod back to his father, Tora's eyes glued on me the whole time as I stood where I was.

Tora's father came towards me, yet I didn't bow my head to him. It was something Tora had told me right off the bat to never do, and I never questioned it either.

"You're a real beauty," he stared at me as I refused to squirm under his gaze.

I couldn't move until Tora said my name to call me over, if I did, then not only would I make a fool of myself, but Tora would be put in the consequence shadow of my actions.

"Hmm, and you seem quite close to Tora as well," he glanced between Tora and me, Tora's eyes never wavering from my form.

Even standing in the aura of this man disgusted me in more ways than one.

"I'd want you for myself," his father took my hand in his own, pressing it to his lips as I couldn't take it and turned to look at Tora.

He seemed so broken at the second that I stared at him so I did the only thing I could think of for him, and smiled.

In that split second that the corners of my lips lifted into a forced smile for him, his eyes flashed with emotions, snapping to the hand that was being kissed by his father.

He just needed to say that one word, just speak my name with his mouth.

Call for me to stand by your side, Tora.

"Y/N," he stood, pushing his chair back as he called for me.

A grin broke out on my face as I recoiled my hand away from his father, walking to stand next to Tora, where I belonged.

"Say what you need to say, then leave," Tora's eyes showed no emotion as I did the same, my face expressionless.

"So cold to your own father?" Sir Igarashi stepped forward, his eyes straying towards me. "Now you're with her? What? Were the women that I sent you not enough to satisfy you?" He wore a nasty smirk as he stared at me.

The reason behind Tora's womanizing, was his own father?

And why the hell was I always caught in all of Tora's personal matters?

I felt a burning disgust towards Tora's father as he eyed me up and down.

"I see the uniform was a good choice as well, real good choice, especially for her," his voice was deep, almost as though he was trying to provoke me.

Why would he wan-

Oh.

He would want to piss me off, so that I would screw up and Tora would suffer the consequences, right?

That's some father of his.

But I guess he must not know of me either. Like hell I'll ever let Tora get humiliated while I'm in his presence.

"Your opinion isn't needed on how my vice president looks," Tora stood tall next to me as his father came to stand in front of the desk on the other side of us.

He reached a had forward to touch my face, knowing that I wouldn't be able to stop him. Because if I did, I'd end up putting Tora in the corner of a bad situation.

And there's no way I'll do that.

Yet before his large hands could touch my skin, Tora's hand gripped his arm, pulling him away from me.

"Do refrain from touching who is mine," Tora dropped his father's arm.

Sure, I'm glad that at least his dad didn't get closer to me, but how many times have I told him that I'm not his?!

"Maki will escort you out," Tora gestured to Maki who has just walked in and nodded at him.

"I haven't even said what I came t-"

"Doesn't matter. You are dismissed," Tora turned to me and grabbed my hand, pulling me to the shower rooms as his father watched us closely.

He opened the door and I walked in as Tora closed the door after him. He stared at me, leaning against the back of the door.

"You can wash your hands," he jerked his chin to the sink. "I know you don't like it when people randomly touch you as they please, and especially something like what my father did. And by the looks of it, you're not too fond of him either so it's worse for you," he stared at me as I stepped to the sink and washed my hands, amazed at the fact that he picked up on that little thing about me. "Don't look so surprised," he scoffed. "My eyes are always on you, so when it comes to you, I don't miss a thing."

Before I could speak, Maki knocked on the door three times, signaling that the task was complete.

"Come on," he went to hold my hand again and I tried to pull back but was too late. "What?" He raised an eyebrow at me pulling my hand back.

"They're still wet, I didn't dry them off, so you'll end up getting wet too," I looked down at my hands as he let go and handed me a towel, drying his hand off as well.

"You're the one who wants us to be inseparable, yet you're letting some water get between us."

Ahhh, this is quite a bit more difficult than I thought it would be, but no matter because once I get an idea going, it'll be smoooooth sailing XD Maybe it just seems chunkier and not fitting together nicely to me because I wrote it, I don't know, it's like that for me with all my stories hahhaha >~<