troubled reunions

"So you didn't tell Tora this, right?" I clarified and Leo tugged at his collar.

"Not exactly," he gulped.

"It's better if he doesn't know until things unfold," I breathed out. "If," I paused for a moment. "If this fails an-"

"Don't," Leo cut me off and I narrowed my eyes.

"If this fails and I don't get out in time, don't risk your own lives as well."

Silence passed over the both of us and I saw Leo slightly tremble.

"Leo," I warned.

"I-I can't agree to that, please," his hands reached out to hold onto mine, tears clouding his usual clear eyes.

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you," I grit my teeth.

He shook his head, his lips shaking and I tore my hands out of his hold.

"Give me your word," I pushed, knowing the limits I was crossing.

Leo didn't speak, his eyes not meeting mine until his dry lips parted.

"I promise you."

"You promise me you won't go against my words?" I took a deep breath, needing the final closure.

"Yes."

"Loyal lion," I breathed out, knowing he heard my words, his tears streaming over the smooth skin of his cheeks.

"How can you do it?"

His voice was small and my back faced him now.

"What's stopping me?" I raised a brow, facing Leo again.

He blinked, taking my question into thought.

"Tora."

My lips tugged up as I shook my head, stepping closer towards him.

"That's what's pushing me further to do exactly this, no matter what," I explained.

"I-I won't fail on you," his head snapped up so he could look me in the eye as I let a light laugh out.

"Never could doubt my prince anyways," I grinned, his tear filled eyes brightening.

"The princess was always meant for the knight anyways."

"Damn right," I agreed. "Because the prince will find his own princess, better than the knight's because she'll be his own. Someone who isn't a princess, yet the prince makes her one because that's what's meant to be for them. You'll fulfill your true fate, even if it's not right now," I gave him a nod firmly as he gave me a smile.

We embraced for a moment, finding comfort in the time we had.

"Who knows, your princess might even be flirting with some random guy out right now that'll mean nothing to her in five minutes," I grinned at him.

"That definitely helped, thanks so much," he nodded repeatedly.

"I brought Usui," Tora walked in through the door, my mind going blank in an instant.

You know.

I wasn't always this lovestruck about him before the words actually passed my lips.

"I love Tora."

"My love, what's wrong?"

Tora was in front of me, his hand over mine as his eyebrows were furrowed and I felt all eyes on me.

"What?"