Chapter 5

NATALIE'S POV.
The week went by slower then slow. But I finally made it till Saturday. I woke up and texted Cassie. Meanwhile, I took a shower and packed things I would need into the duffle bag. I needed money but I didn't have any, so I went downstairs and looked around for mom's purse. I found it and looked inside her wallet. There was only one $20 bill inside and one $10 dollar bill. I took them both without thinking and headed towards my room. All the sudden my phone dinged with excitement. I glanced down to see who it was. It was Cassie.
Cassie: Hey be there in 10!
Me: Ok see you then.
I grabbed my knife out of the drawer and stuffed it into the duffle. I heard a knock at the door and it was Cassie. I let her in and we started to go up the stairs when my mom came out of her room and asked what were we doing.

MOM'S POV.
I walked out of my room in my robe and pj's when I noticed Natalie and her friend Cassie heading up to Natalie's room. What were they doing up so early and why were they trying to sneak their way up the stairs? My brain filled with questions. They looked worried and just stood there like statues.

"What are you doing up so early, with Cassie," I said

"Nothing, Cassie needed help with her homework for Monday, so I told her it was fine to come over." She looked at me with lying eyes.

NATALIE'S POV.

I could tell my mom was suspicious. She looked worried. We all stood there in silence for a couple of minutes, until my mom finally left and went to the kitchen. Cassie and I ran up to my room and closed the door behind us.