Chapter 2- Zelda

Hopefully this chapter will be longer than the last!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope u enjoy =)))))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked through the entrance of the (half gone) temple around the goddess statue, which Zelda had managed to bring back to Skyloft, I saw her. Her hair hung loosely across her back, untied from the back but tied into two different strands in the front. It shone in the sunlight as she swayed with the music of the harp she played. She sang the goddess song with her melodious voice, and it reminded me of the first time I lost her... the day that Ghirahim had first taken her from me.

I approached her slowly, not wanting to ruin the beauty of the moment. When she was done i moved closer to her as she turned around to face me. "Well it's about time you got here!!!" she said playfully, "I was worried you were going to make me wait up here all day!!!"

I chuckled and raised my hands defensively, "It's not my fault! ..... I didn't sleep too well..." I mumbled out the last part, only adding to the worry on her face, “Why? What happened?” she asked softly. I couldn’t tell her… as much as I wanted to I couldn’t, but I did want her to sing more. Her voice was such a soft perfect melody and she could always hit every note without fault.

“Um… It’s nothing, but could you… do me a favor?” I asked quietly.

“Yah, of course, what is it?” she asked me, a smile tugging at her lips as she stepped towards me. I looked down to her and smiled, “Will you sing for me?”

Her smile only grew bigger as she quickly nodded her head, “Yes. Why don’t we go sit under the trees past the walls?”

“Yah… that would be great.”  I said nodding my head

She took me by the hand and pulled me over to the place where there were a few trees that provided shade from the sun. She sat against the wall and leaned so that she could sit comfortably, playing her harp and singing. I sat myself down next to her but decided that it would be more comfortable to lie down with her, so I eased my self down onto my back next to her.

She began to pass her hands slowly over the harp, her fingers plucking at the strings, making a sweet, smooth, and soothing melody. I sighed and whispered, “Beautiful.”  She looked down at me and smiled. In the next moment she began to sing, her voice flowing from her effortlessly, like the smoothest silk. I closed my eyes, letting the music bathe me in warmth with its comforting tone.

I guess….. Well I thought…. Maybe… I really did love Zelda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Zelda’s POV

                As I sang, I wondered about what had kept Link up. It was hard to keep him awake, especially at night! He had always had a big capacity for sleep.

The goddess song was beautiful. It reminded me of my old life as the goddess, before the war and bloodshed. I did not remember everything, of course, but I could remember bits and pieces.

                I heard Link sigh and looked over just in time to see him close his eyes and whisper, “Beautiful.” I blushed slightly hoping he wouldn’t notice and continued to sing, knowing he would soon fall asleep.

                I played the song once more before looking over to him. His dark blonde hair had fallen over his right eye and his mouth was open slightly. A small snore escaped his lips. It was small and smooth, not like father, who snored like a loftwing.

                I giggled quietly and ran my finger softly across his cheek, it was soft and smooth like my own. I had always thought he was handsome, ever since we were young I would just stare at him to study his features. He had been my best friend since I was born. He was a few months older than me but for as long as I can remember he had always been there.

                My finger ran across his jaw line, making the edge of his mouth turn up into a smile. I sighed and lay down next to him, a smile on my lips as well as his. I curled up against him and lay my head on his chest. His body was warm and comforting, making my muscles relax.

                Things had been different recently. We would go out and do romantic stuff without realizing it and then we would claim that absolutely nothing had happened between us… I wasn’t sure if anything had happened between us…. or if I wanted anything too….

                I thought of him differently now. Just the thought of him and I being together gave me butterflies and made me blush. I lay my left hand over his heart and closed my eyes… I felt his heart beat, slow and steady… felt the movement of his chest as he breathed in and out. When we were together like this, I realized the future didn’t matter that much… I did want to let him know how I felt though… What mattered to me was the fact that he was here with me now, and that I never wanted this moment to end.