chapter 14

Link’s POV

            Zelda had changed back into her white dress for the last half of the party. We were all in the square laughing and having a ball. Zelda laughed with Karane, Orielle, and Peatrice under the wind mill.

            I walked over and chuckled at the sight of them. Zelda was on her back with her head in Karane’s lap, laughing hysterically. They were all laughing actually, really, really hard…

            “Um… Zelda?” I asked cautiously.

            She shot up from where she lay, eyes wide as she heard my voice, “Link? Oh, come over here! Have a drink!”

            “No thanks,” I replied, “But I wouldn’t mind joining you.”

            Zelda pat the floor beside her and I plopped onto the soft grass, “So what are you guys up to?” I asked.

            “Being stupid, duh.” Karane answered with a burp making me laugh.

            “We were playing spin the bottle!” Peatrice said with a blushed giggle, “You wana join in?”

            Crap, “Um… nah, I’ll pass.” I chuckled, trying to be casual; I did not want to be kissing anyone but Zelda. Wait a second… there were only girls here, so who the heck were they kissing?

            “Oh come on, Link!” Orielle started, “We weren’t even playing spin the bottle. Peatrice just said that because she wants to make out with you.”

            “Shut up!” Peatrice squealed.

            Zelda sat up immediately, “Hey! Just so we’re clear, I own his lips, kay?”

            Peatrice and I both went red in the face, “W-well that’s not what he said while you were gone!” Peatrice stuttered out.

            Zelda froze for a moment before slowly looking over to me, making me tense under her glare, “You did what?” she growled.

            “I didn’t actually do anything,” I said, “She started to like me when I would go to the item check and-”

            “And what?” Peatrice said playfully, “Go ahead, tell her how you came over one night, professing your love to me.”

            “WHAT?!” Zelda Yelled.

            I sighed heavily, “I tried to tell her that I didn’t return her feelings but obviously she didn’t get my point.”

            Zelda looked at me her eyes seeing through to my soul, and then she looked back to Peatrice, “Good.” She said triumphantly before plopping herself into my lap, “He’s mine, bitch.”

            Peatrice clenched her fists tightly, turning her knuckles white, “Peatrice, don’t you dare.” I growled at her, knowing she wanted to fight with Zelda. Peatrice stood with a huff and turned to walk away, leaving me with three other drunk girls to deal with.

            Zelda grabbed me and kissed me hard, making the other girls go “Oooh!” Peatrice turned around just then.

            “Get a room guys, goddess, some of us don’t want to see this crap!” She snarled.

            Zelda laughed wickedly, giving me chills, “Jealous?”

            “No! I just don’t want to watch you guys tongue each other! Jeez!”