Officially meeting Johnny.

Winter's POV.

I woke up the next morning to see Meena peacefully sleeping while rolled up in the big blue blanket I gave her. Smiled and got off the blowup mattress and walked downstairs, in my shorts and t-shirt.

"Morning dear. How was the sleep over?" Mum asked as she stirred the sugar in her coffee.

"Fine mother, can you give Meena a ride to the theatre later? I need to head to the prison." I asked. She nodded, knowing about the letter and that my parents were in jail now.

"Bye sweetie, and don't let them get to you or mess up what you think is right."

"I won't Mum. I love you, and I will always love you." She smiled and I went to change into jeans, a black tank top and my black heeled boots. I grabbed my car keys and house key and left with a kiss on Mum's forehead. I drove to the prison after talking to Officer Talook. He said that they prepared for my visit and were ready, but that only my mother was gonna talk to me. They told me that she would explain why.

"Ms. Larona. Come right this way." Said a rhino is the police uniform. I nodded and walked behind him. I saw were others usually visit the prisoners and saw a gorilla boy talking to an older gorilla. Probably his father...

"Winter! My baby girl! You've grown so big!" I heard my mother cheerfully comment.

"Mother. So why is father not here as well?"

"The guards think your father would try to convince you to break us out or to be a criminal like us! But they don't know that in the one who'd do that." She giggled as she saw the officers leave us alone.

"Why? Why did you leave me 11 and a half years ago?!" I yelled at her, feeling tears prick my eyes.

"Sweetie, we didn't want to! We were only robbing the bank so we could have more money, and it was suppose to be a sing job and we'd be home before you woke up in the morning! But your father was stupid and set off and alarm." Mother explained.

"You didn't need to steal money mother! We didn't need money! We had what we needed! And if we didn't then Nana would have helped us!" I yelled as tears flowed from my eyes.

"Do not speak her name! She is nothing to our family! You hear me?! She did not offer to help us at all! When you were a cub, Nana didn't help me and your father get off the streets! So don't ever speak her name again!"

"She is the closest thing I have to family than you or father will EVER be! She took me in after you went missing! After a couple months Ms. Crawly took me in and I've been treated like a daughter more than you have ever treated me! So don't you DARE say those things about ANY of my family! You and father are DEAD to me! You have been since you wen missing! I was too naive to see that..." I sobbed out. Mother put one of her golden furred hands on the glass. I simply backed away and turned to leave.

"You've always been a disappointment to me... Just like your brother." Mother whispered.

"Leave him out of this! He left to except your cruel idea of family! I know he made the right choice now!" I yelled at her and walked out.

"Ms. Larona, is everything alright?" Asked the same rhino that escorted me to see my mother.

"They are no longer my parents..." I whispered. I knew that Larona wasn't my real last name, it was a cover up since my parents we criminals before I was born. "Please. Don't ever contact me about my parents unless it is if they somehow escape..."

"Understood ma'am. Would you like me to escort you out?"

"No. I'm fine, thank you." He nodded and went to go help some other guards with prisoners. I walked to the entrance with blurry eyes an bumped into a dark figure. I landed on the cold ground.