Chapter 1: A foggy memory behind the horizon

Naruto's P.o.v (told from Naruto at age 13)

I remember how once I had swung back on the secluded swing back and forth endlessly, child's laughter filled the atmosphere, proud parents settled on all of the wooden benches, smiles glued to their faces as they observed their sugar high children slide down the slides, their siblings showing of their new ninja headbands. Nothing bothered them, their lives would be worry free until the day they become junior or for some, the sweet release of death. Not I.

My life had been hell since the day I was brought into this world, pain and hate would always be thrown upon me, and yet no one had the room in their heart to even lift their heads or even bother to open their arms to an innocent boy, lost to his own past and hated by all for no other reason that was he was, some may say a monster, though no one even considered the possibility of heroism in this young boy. When it had seemed like the end the birth of the boy kept all pop them alive, the creature transferred to him as a last second solution that cost dozens of strong lives. He was blamed, I was blamed.

I remember walking up to a nice girl once, her name was Sakura and she was with the best friend named Ino, they were putting flowers in each others' hair and competing over who's hair was longer and more beautiful. They smiled at me, no hate in the world and asked me who's hair was prettier and if I wanted to play with them. I picked a flower and put it in my hair. They pointed to the left of the play ground over to a puzzling happy boy who was on the other set of swings with another figure, his hair was black as was his guardian and his eyes were dark but you could tell he couldn't be happier. The girls giggled and smiled, I smiled as well, he looked nice.

I heard footsteps approaching, two mothers glared at me as they spoke harshly, "Sakura what did I tell you about hanging out with this boy?!"

"But mom-"

"But nothing" she responded, the other mother hit me over the head with a purse and led them out of the play ground, by that time the cheerful boy and his guardian gathered their things and were beginning to leave, as were the rest of the children, and before I knew it, the playground was vacant, laugher that was once head now vanished into the mist that carefully covered the vivid sunset, colors swirled around the setting sun as darker colors swooped in, incasing the once clear sky in a monotone dark blue sky, mist spilled onto the streets.

I had walked back over to the swings and began to swing once more, figures started to appear from behind the mist, shows loomed above me, more and more figures approached 'till I could make out a conclusion of a group of 6 figures in which bloodthirsty stood before me, smiles and glares shot through my small body. Moonlight could be made out though the thick fogs of mist, weapons were revealed. Knives, baseball bats and even a glass bottle were shown thought the mist, my face widened as the took off from the swing down the road from the play ground, I ran. I ran as if people were waiting for me, a house brightly lit by lanterns, warmly lit by a fireplace, clothes neatly hung on clothing pins, laugher could be heard miles away in that house. I ran as if there would be open arms, illuminated by smiles and food on the table, still warm by two loving parents who would had me in their arms until death. I ran as if there was a purpose for my existence, as if there was a prize at the end of this marathon, as if there was gold at the end of this monotone rainbow.

They ran after me as tears ran down my face, I knew that was never true, I am alone until the end of this life, running until I die or I stand up. In my heart I knew there would never be a happy family waiting for me, perhaps it was all a naive dream that I would wish to keep close to me, even till the end.

There will always be a fond memory behind this foggy horizon, even if it has and never will never prevail.

Welcome to my story