Chapter 10: Puddle

Naruto's P.o.v

I walked into the crowded hokage's office in full anbu gear, despite how organized and neat Jiji had always been, the amount of paperwork he got was every level of insane and it often crowded his office, the stacks leveled up to the ceiling and his desk was almost unrecognizable.

"Hello Kitsune, any updates." He asked me, his head badly visible from a stack of paperwork.

"Yes, recently team 7 has come back from out first D-ranked mission, the teams passed the bell test and it is of course my job to inform you of such." The hokage raised a brow and stood up that being so that his entire torso was unveiled from the paper-death-trap. " As expected the young Uchiha was exceptionally skilled and to my surprising was almost able to take the bells, however he lacks a huge portion of trust and support in his team and often he comes up as narcissistic..." I took a deep breath and continued, "Sakura overall has the potential for outstanding chakra control however she lacks motive and initiative, she hides behind Sasuke and refuses to use some of her potential."

'Or any self respect.' I thought to myself.

"Give them time Kitsune,"

" Perhaps if I may hokage, might I ask a test is in order for bonding and self growth?" I asked.

"Hmm. What sort may I ask?"

"Perhaps a higher leveled mission, I heard there is trouble in the land of waves for a bystander on my mission to the land hidden in the sand. Perhaps out assistance can be proven useful..."

"I will not have my genin put into danger Kitsune!"

"But Hokage-sama, they will have two anbu members to aid in the mission."

"You could break your cover Kitsune, I do not wish to risk it, though I find having a higher leveled mission, an S-leveled mission does not seem appropriate,"

I walked out of the Homage's office in slight disappoint, back to my sad exuse of my apartment where I would plainly go back to main ramen, funny side note, after I moved all the tenants had to move out because of "faulty pipes". At first I believed it, after all, the apartments were cheap, Jiji eded up paying for my living space. Then overtime I started to understand the dirty looks and the used words during the beatings that the villagers. gave me, not to make this a misery story but the life my father left me, is worse than anything. I had though about leaving the village many times but Jiji wouldn't let me; he always had an uncanny way of telling when something was going to happen.

Later in the day I walked back with the rest of my "team" to the homage's office where we would report the productivity and success of our missions. I remember time in the anbu i had "missions", "Kitsune it's an emergency, the coffee has gone all mission, it's up to you to make more!" I was still a kid so they thought it was quite comedic and necessary.

In the office I was the old lady pick up her ca, both her arms hung colorful sleeves the loosely hung to the ground wear the cat was hanging onto it's dead life until she picked up the cat and squished it in between her...well you get the point.

"Seriously hokage-sama, enough of these D-ranked mission, we are ninja, not cat hunters and farmers and BUTLERS!" I yelled obnoxiously.

"Naruto that is very rude, the whole point of having simple missions is to help fund the village people come by and hand us tasks with rewards, these tasks are put into sections regarding their difficulty. Now go apologies!" Iruka lectured.

"No that won't be necessary Iruka, I think perhaps we should give them a C-ranked mission."

"but-"