Chapter 3: The invitation

Naruto's P.o.v

I awoke with a jolt, my hands grasped my sheets in anticipation, today was October 10th, my birthday. I had always feared my birthday for it was the day that the villagers were most violent, I usually spent my birthday in my house or with Jiji. I remember my 3rd birthday I played with one of the anbu black ops when Jiji was busy with paperwork. I smiled upon the memory.

'Happy birthday kit.' Kurama told me telepathically. Over the few months Kurama trained me to become a one day powerful ninja. The training was usually intense, my first lesson I remembered was chakra control, the control of both my chalk and the kyuubi's chakra. I remember the faint smell of sweat and blood as it trickled down my skin as I got up off the ground and continued to try to focus my chakra on the tree.

'Thanks Kurama!'

I continued to grab some clothing out of my dresser and head over to the restroom where I would continue to start my shower. I turned the water on and turned the knob onto the selection of cold water then once stripping of my night gown I stepped into the shower and let the cold water trickle down my short stubby body, after that I continued to take one of my soap sponges and continued to wash my body with pine scented soap until I was sure I had completely washed my body. After I had grabbed my red towel and continued to dry off my body as well as my blond hair. Heading to my room I grabbed my clothing and put them on continuing in the order of such, my underwear, a fishnet undershirt, a white t-shirt with the Uzumaki clan symbol on the back, then my dark blue baggy jeans.

I tumbled down the stairs of my apartment still putting my shoes on, after doing so I sealed my apartment from any possible intruders using a jutsu Kurama had taught me. I leaped onto the nearest building, from experience I found it easier to avoid any possible conflicts with the villagers from afar up above the buildings, if I was fast enough, the villages wouldn't see me and if they did I could easily dodge them and quickly and swiftly make my way over to Jiji's.

'Excited?' Kurama asked me.

'You bet, I have been waiting for months for this day and now that it has finally come, OI don't even process how excited I am.'

'Well it's well deserved, in fact I think with the justu you know, you are easily Chunin level.'

'Hehe, I would go that far.'

'Don't flatter yourself Kit.' I giggled on the inside as I continued land on the sidewalk next to the third hokage's building.

I swiftly walked up then stairs and burst through the homage's doors like a maniac, what and entrance. I looked up, Jiji looked confused, he had several shinobi lined up in front of him who ironically were also staring at me.

"Jiji, know what day it is?" I looked at him with full eyes and a goofy smile on my face.

"Ahh yes Naruto, happy birthday, I will talk to you in a minute just let me finish here. You can sit over there." he told me as he pointed to a chair in the left corner of the room. I made my way over to the chair and felt a large pang of boredom overwhelm me as I watched Jiji talk to the shinobi. I started to kick my legs back and forth, the left one...then the right one....then the left....then the right...then the...

"Naruto!" Startled I looked up to see an empty room holding on the hokage and myself. I walked over and Jiji held a slip of paper faced down for what i guessed was the extra suspense.

"Here Naruto." he said to me as he handed me the paper. I turned it over and my eyes filled with tears of happiness. "I got you into the academy, you will start 3 days from now, I hope you are prepared." I jumped towards Jiji and gave him the world's longest hug.

"T-thank you so m-much Jiji!" I whispered as I continued to squeeze him.

"It was nothing Naruto" he whispered as we I let go, then he put a hand on my head, "I am sure you will be a fine shinobi, maybe even better than myself."

-------Two year time skip-----

"Naruto" my sensei called, "Naruto the hokage wants to see you after class if that is alright.

"Alright." I continued to grab my books and walk over to the hokage's building.

'What do you think he wants?'

'I don't know Kurama, I just hope it wasn't about that missing homework, I discussed with sensei that it wasn't my fault that that jerk ripped my homework sheet in half.'

'Not to be rude but, I don't think he would call you over just to discuss a missing homework.'

'Thats true.'

I walked up the homage's steps and peeked through the window, I walked into the room to find several Anbu officers surrounding Jiji. I felt a slight pang of fear got through me, did the decide that the Kyuubi was to dangerous to keep in the village, did they come to kick me out, or worse...kill me. My heart started to beat faster and faster as I slowly walked over to Jiji' desk.

"Naruto." A sharp voice called out. "You have done well in the academy, top of your class, your sensei even discussed having you graduate next week." I gulped as I nodded.

"Which is why I have come to ask you...cat get the forms." The anbu with the cat make passed papers over to Jiji as he continued to talk.

"I wanted to invite you to become an anbu black op. Are you interested?" I was shocked, I had mentally prepared myself for the worst but I had never prepared myself for this.

"I-I, I don't even know what to say..." I looked at all the Anbu ninja as they gave me a sign of acceptance.

'Well what are you just standing there for, take the offer kit, this is a great opportunity'

"Y-yes, I will d-do it." I let a sign of relief overwhelm me as i accepted the offer looking Jiji straight in the eye. He handed me some forms.

"Just sign here and remember, no one must know you are an Anbu, is that clear?"

"Hai!