Chapter 5: The S ranked mission

Naruto's P.o.v

(3 years later)

I grabbed the metal saucepan out from the monstrosities known as my pot cabinet, after doing so I proceeded to rip open the box of ramen and make sure to follow directions accordingly. I carried the slightly rusted saucepan over to the sink where as the directions had instructed, had told me to put 4 cup of water in a pot and let it boil while the pasta cooks. I ripped open the plastic bad and the block of uncooked ramen fell out and smashed onto the floor.

"Great..." I groaned as I grabbed a broom and swept up the pasta. Personally I can respect that some people can be picky with their pasta but in my case I can't. I put all the swept up pasta into the pan and smiled.

'Gro-'

'Shut up Kurama' I interrupted as I kept a miserable but subtle smile on my face as I stirred the pasta.

Once the pasta was well cooked, (which I comedically made a poor decision of doing so by putting one of the hot noodles in my mouth), I ripped open the beef flavor pack and stirred the ramen. Then....I waited.

When the pasta cooled off I grabbed my chopsticks. I sat down and put my hands together. "itadakimasu!" I took a bundle of noodles in my chopsticks, and just before I put it in my mouth, my anbu tattoo started to burn.

'Great timing huh.'

'Your sarcasm is really not helping' I snapped back.

'Jeez kit, someone is touchy today.'

'Sorry Kurama.'

I got equipped into my anbu gear and swiftly went out the window and made my way over to Jiji's. 'Oh the joys of being lieutenant' I whispered to myself as I made my way across the village buildings. I watched the people down below, so innocent, but so violent.

I jumped onto the last of the stairs leading to the hokage and proceeded to make my way inside. When walking in I see my captain and some other fellow Anbu members.

"Ahh, nice of you to join us lieutenant Kitsune." Jiji said bringing his attentions to my arrival.

"What is the problem Hokage-sama?"

Jiji took a deep breath and my captain stepped in front of me.

"Come with me." he instructed which I didn't hesitate to do. We jumped across buildings until we were sure we were not being followed.

"What is it Itachi?" I asked less formally then when I had met with Jiji. "Did you find a way to spy of the akatski?" Itachi looked down, his eyes gave images of sadness that could be replayed over and over in his mind. "What is it?"

"The hokage and I have come up with a plan to spy on the Akatski. Listen Kitsune you cannot tell anyone got it?" I gulped but reassuringly nodded. "I need to get into the Akatski"

"WHAT? No you can't!"

"Itachi, we can find another way PLEASE. You are one of our best anbu, we can find someone else." I tried to reason, I knew in my heart from the beginning when Itachi makes up his mind to help the village, he never goes back on his word. I admired him, from all my time that I had known Itachi Uchiha I have always wanted to best him. I wanted to become as strong as him. Itachi and Jiji were the only family I had ever known besides Kurama. Out of all the anbu only Itachi knew who i really was.., what I had inside me. He gave me kindness when I didn't deserve it, I can't let him go.

"Please, don't leave me..."

"Kitsune, you are strong, and i know you will one day be stronger than me. I'm sorry Naruto. A few days from now there will be a bloody massacre. You and hokage-sama are the only to know of this plan."

I clenched my hands as I looked at this ugly world.

He looked at me and chuckled, his face was stained with regret and guilt. He out his hand on top of my head and removed his mask. "I want you to keep watch over my younger brother,...Sasuke." He smiled, "He is like you, eager for a purpose and always wanting to prove himself....Please take care of him."

I grit my teeth and slapped his hand off of my head with fury, but I didn't understand why I was so angry.

"Itachi you don't have to do this, we can find another way!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry naruto but this is the only way." He took a deep breath and looked at me.

"My final order as your Captain is to protect my brother Sasuke, when he goes into the academy, I want you to look after him. He looked at me and chuckled, his face was stained with regret and guilt. He out his hand on top of my head and removed his mask. "I want you to keep watch over my younger brother,...Sasuke." He smiled, "He is like you, eager for a purpose and always wanting to prove himself....Please take care of him."

"Who is going to be captain?!" Itachi turned around and looked at me with eyes of sincerity.

"You are..." Then he was gone.

I looked at him with wide eyes, tears washed down my face from behind my mask.

"Ita..chi?"

"I know you can do it Kitsune." And with that he disappeared, one second a savior and the next hour a murderer. How this world was so cruel. It's saviors were tossed aside and the bad is left to rule over this hell hole. It's not me who is messed up, it's not what I am, it's this god damn world that is messed up! I reached out my hand hoping for him to come back. What had my life come to now, oh that's right babysitting. It wasn't fair, it wasn't fair, IT WASN'T FAIR! Why does he have to go protect us. Why did I let him go?

What has been done has been done, I wiped away my tears and headed home.Sasuke Uchiha....

I have a new purpose at hand.

Captain,

I won't let you down