Chapter 11: The assassin of the mist

Naruto's P.o.v

The endless pools of thick black water rushed continuously pushed past us, the for blocking any light or figures, all but the shadow of an enormous bridge ahead.

"This fog is so thick, i can't see a thing." Sakura "cleverly" stated.

"The bridge isn't far now, the land of waves."

As we grew closer to the shore the bridge grow larger, its shadow overhand overs, setting off an eternal darkness below.

"WOAH IT'S HUGE!"

"Hey be quiet, we are suppose to be silent, why else would we be in a rowboat and have the lights and engine turned off." The boat keeper snapped.

After a brief moment of silence Kakashi began to speak, "Tazuna, I need to know who those ninja were since we are about to reach the pair and why those men were after you" His eyes grew narrow, as if only but his gaze could steal souls, "If you don't tell us I will have to end this mission when we get to the peir."

I leaned forward "Well since i have no choice but to tell you....no not because i have to, but because I want to. The man who is after me is none other than a short businessman with a rather large and deadly shadow." 

"Who." 

"I know you know him. An extraordinarily wealthy business man named Gato." He responded, his hands intertwined, my actions seemed to make me look curious, but how I felt was nothing compared to that, if Gato had mid level ninja that who knows what else he could have, assuming those ninja were his of course, if anything I was more worried for my cover than anything else, selfish? I think not.

"Gato? You mean Gato like as in Gato transports?"

"What what?"

"Behind his image of business is a truly dangerous man, using his power to ruthlessly shut down other businesses and sell drugs on the sidelines using gangs and ninja."

'That being said prepare to FREAK OUT'

'This is nothing compared to what I have done' i snapped

'You mean what Kitsune has done.'

'Damn'

"One year ago he came over to the land of waves and with his money he took control of out productivity. Anyone who opposed him...dissapeared. After all he who controls the sea controls the money, there is any one way to stop him and that is the bridge, i am the bridge builder"

"So those ninja who attacked us, those were Gato's men right?"

'Thank you Sakura for staying the obvious,'

"It all makes sense now." Sasuke stated, a breeze of nervousness ran through all of us.

"Yes but why didn't you request a B ranked mission or higher, for whatever reason you must understand with your carelessness you put 3 genin in major danger."

"The people of the land of the waves are in poverty, even our nobles don't have much, we couldn't afford anything higher than a C ranked mission, but if you want you can leave me after we get to shore, I can only imagine my grandson's face, 'Grandpa grandpa', and my daughter would be so sad, barely being able to take care of herself.."

"Alright we will do it" Kakashi groaned, Sakura looking like she was about to cry, I could feel a smirk forming on Kurama's face.

'I suddenly can respect this man more.'

------------

A glare could be felt above, Sakura was throwing her fists ontop my head for my last 'episode', Kakashi stood underneath one of the trees a trace of chakra could be felt above, our next aggressor however would not be a genuine, it would eb a join, and by the amount of chakra this join has, it is not a regular ninja.