Chapter 2: Meeting Kurama

Naruto's P.o.v

"Monster!" "Demon!" "Freak!" I heard them all yell, i grasped onto the tiny bits of life I had as I kept running, I just had to make it to Jiji's, then perhaps I would be safe. I ran past building after building turning every corner in hopes that I wouldn't be caught. I don't understand the people of the village, sometimes I feel a sharp hatred towards them.

'Now Naruto, I know the people can be...violent, but you must never let hatred into your heart. Hatred corrupts the mind,' I recall Jiji telling me, whenever I asked him why they did this he would always just gaze out and tell me, 'You shall know one day.' I got close once, 'Jiji! I remember running into his warm arms. 'Jiji, they did it again.' I showed him the bruises and cuts they had left me. He looked at me and sighed with sympathy, 'I'm sorry Naruto, I will assign some shinobi to walk you home. In the meantime you can stay here with me.' 'Thanks Jiji!' I remember him whispering in the background, 'I'm sorry Kushina...Minato.'

"GET BACK HERE!!!" I heard a villager yell behind me, stones and sticks flew paste as I made my best attempt to dodge the attacks of the villagers. I turned a corner, oblivious that it was an alley, it was all over.

"This is what you get demon for killing my family!" one of the villagers yelled, they held a club in one hand and gave a malicious smile, one smile that would made even the worst of people cringe in its presence. "Have fun in hell..."My mind went blank as the club hit my head, the last thing I could see, was a burst red.

My eyes opened slowly, it was silent, perhaps Jiji found me and took me to a hospital was my first instinctive thought, however when I got up off the floor, i did not recognize my surroundings. I was in a long hallway, water dripped from the ceiling, the grey tiles that covered the floor were covered in a thin dust, along the hall cracks in them came more common to notice. There were few doors that ran along the hall, most were cracked. I walked up to the last door in the hall, its presence gave an eerie vibe when I touched the knob of the door, I took a deep breath and opened it. It was unlocked.

"So you have finally come, you're an embarrassment to me, a demon with a captor who cannot defend themselves agents some measly pathetic villagers." A colossal orange fox stood before me, it had nine tails all of in which were swirling in what I guessed was annoyance. "You are so pathetic, I bet you aren't even worth eating." I started to walk towards it, it's face scrunched up, I grasped one of the rusty iron bars and looked at it with huge eyes, I could feel it's red eyes stare into my own cerulean ones.

"Whats your name?" I asked. The demon fox looked surprised.

"Are you not afraid of me?" I took a deep breath and looked down at the ground.

"No." I said quietly.

"Kurama."

"What?"

"Kurama is my name kit." I smiled a big goofy grin. "You know," he continued, "you are the first human in a long time that has asked for my name."

"Yea, you must lonely, I am too. Well I am Naruto Uzumaki!" I smiled as I reached out my hand through the iron bars towards Kurama. "I don't have any family, Jiji tells me my parents were killed." I told him quietly, sadness overwhelmed my body as tears began to drip from my cerulean eyes.

"How old are you Kit?" he asked me, I looked up at him, he was no longer angry. I wiped my tears away.

"3, I am 3 years old."

"..Those people, why were they after you? You didn't steal something did you?"

"No, they call me demon and that I killed their family and the fourth hokage. I'm guessing that was you..?"

"You know you are pretty smart for being 3 years old." I looked back up at Kurama, I smiled, tears still falling down my face.

"Yea...I guess."

"Hey how would you like for me to train you to be able to defend yourself?"

I hesitated but replied sadly, "Jiji tells me that violence is never the answer."

"Well I don't think things can get much worse when you are on the verge of dyeing now can they kit?"

"....Yea, I guess not" I looked at my small hands. "I'll do it Kurama!" I yelled confidently.

"Hey Kurama, why do the villagers hate you so much..?" Kurama's face gave a hint of regret.

"It was 3 years ago that I was summoned and attacked Konahagakure, then that damned fourth hokage sealed me away."

"Did you hurt anyone..?"

"Many people...most of the village was destroyed." The nine tailed demon's eyes became fragile, his face softened.

"I-i'm sorry Kurama, I promise I will become strong so I can protect you and the entire village."

"I promise."

I awoke in my bed in my room, I felt a sharp pain go through my head. Bandages were wrapped around my head, arms and torso. I looked at my hands once again, Kurama's words echoing through my mind. 'Well I don't think things can get much worse when you are on the verge of dyeing now can they kit?' I tried to get up, my body in slight pain, the thought still lingered in my mind of what they had done to me. How did I even get here?

" You shouldn't be getting up now Naruto, you are still healing." I heard a familiar voice in the hallway.

"Jiji!" The third hokage stood in the entrance of my room accompanied by two anbu ninja, one had a cat like mask accompanied by long black hair that peered over the mask, the other with short brown hair and a bear-like mask.

"...Jiji I have something to ask you." I hesitated.

'Go for it kit'

"Do you think I could enter the academy early...?" I gazed upon the third hokage's face, he was surprised.

"Naruto why has this come up so suddenly?" I looked back at my hands and clenched them into a fist.

"I know why the villagers hate me, it's because of Kurama isn't it." Jiji looked at me in shock.

"By kurama you man the nine tailed fox, then yes... but where did you get that information?"

"Jiji I talked to him, he is not mean at all, he is one of the nicest people I have ever met and he feels bad about what happened to Konohagakure"

"Y-you talked to it?" The figure with the short brown hair asked.

"Yea!" I leaned over to him and puffed out my cheeks.

"Hmm, this maybe troublesome, but for now Naruto, i will have to ponder the thought though i'm sure it would be in my best interest to do so."

"A-are you sure grand hokage...?" one of the anbu asked.

"Of course, we will need private classes but I am sure it will be alright. The boy is already remarkably intelligent, it's best to not put that good brain to waste." My face turned into a big grin, "Thank you Jiji so much!!!"

"As for now Naruto, you need to rest." Jiji smiled then walked out, his anbu ninja following behind him.

'Congrats kit.'
'Hehe, thanks Kurama.'
'Excited for your birthday?'
'Four months away!!!'

The thought circled my mind, I was so excited, I wish my birthday wasn't so far away but who knows how long the four months will end up feeling like. Time could only tell.