Chapter 1

Mazaki Kuran

I hear Yuuki and Kaname playing outside and my heart aches with sadness as their laughter is consisted of happiness and joy. Ever since I was born, I opened my eyes and their eyes turned from love to hate, I know they probably don't mean to hate me but I guess my Mom didn't tell Dad that she bore Rido's baby, instead of his. I have amber coloured eyes and brown hair just like the rest of them.

I couldn't bear listening to their laughter anymore so I turned away and laid on top of my bed before covering my ears with my hands. I wish my father would just come and take me away. i let tears fall down my face before my stomach grumbled. Did I mention that they starved me everyday? I was forced to drink my own blood, they thought I was killing myself but then they realized I was drinking my own blood. So i basically look like a pack of bones, you could see my bones sticking out. I let my eyes glow red and my fangs come out before I bit into my soft flesh on my wrist, blood dripped onto the floor and the door slammed open. Kaname-san was staring at my blood with lust, however it disappeared when Yuuki, my onee-san, yelled, " Kaname-sama, let's go play, ignore the monster!" Kaname-sama gave me a disgusted look and turned to leave but before that, he whispered, " Sorry."

I guess Kaname-sama just wanted to be with Yuuki because I wasn't even his sister, I was like his half-sister, so I smiled and waved him off. But little does he know, my heart was breaking into tiny pieces.

*

I walked past the living room when I heard my parents laughing with Yuuki and Kaname-sama, my oka-saan and Haruka-san, they stopped laughing and oka-saan asked," Yuuki, do you love Kaname that much? "

Oh no. Please don't tell me.

Yuuki giggled and held Kaname-sama's hand, " Yes, I love Kaname-sama. He is my one true love. "

Oka-saan smiled at Kaname-sama and Yuuki, " How about you two get married when you get older ? I mean, you are both equally beautiful together. "

Yuuki giggled again excitedly and hugged Kaname-sama who gave her a soft smile. But tears fell down my face and I made sure that they didn't hear me as I ran back to my room, sobbing.

*

I was laying down in my bed when I heard Kaname-sama yell, " No, otou-san!" I stood up and looked out the window to see Haruka-san on his knees, bleeding on his side. He struggled to stand up as he face my otou-san, I wanted to yell go otou-san but then I would get a beating. However when I heard my oka-saan crying and Yuuki screaming, I hauled my butt out of my room and ran past them, they screamed after me but I ignored them. I kept running until I ran past Kaname-sama, it was as if it was slow motion when I gave him one last glance. His brown ones pleaded silently for me to not go but I ignored him and ran past my otou-saan, he gave me a proud smile and whispered, " I will see you soon, my daughter."

I guess otou-saan was misjudged as being an evil person, he just wanted my oka-saan's love but she betrayed him when she marrried Haruka-san, maybe they deserve it.

I ran and ran until I reached a river, I fell to my knees due to exhaustion. However, as I cried while staring at my reflection, a shadow creeped up behind me and I turned around to see a Level-E vampire, he gave me an evil smile and slowly crept towards me but then there was a CLANG!

And the Level-E dessicated into dust and I stared at man who strongly resembled the Vampire King, he smiled softly at me and licked the blood off his fingers, he held out his other hand and spoke, " My name is Karl....Karlheinz and I am the-"

I blurted out, " Vampire King."

He grinned happily and clapped his hands, " You know my status, excellent!" He picked me up and twirled me in excitement, " What about you, my dear?"

I softly spoke, " My name is Mazaki......Kuran." His eyes widened a bit but he shook it away and continued smiling. Dad leaned down and patted my head gently before he held me in a bridal style, and started walking.

"So why did you run away? " He asked, with kindness in his voice, the leaves crunched underneath his feet, the wind blew through my hair.

I replied timidly, " The Kurans are not who you think they are, they are practically monsters in disguise. My....Juri-san had a one night stand with Rido after she gave birth to Kaname-san, and Rido-san took advantage of her, so she gave birth to me. I don't have the traditional Kuran eyes, not even Rido-san's eyes. So they started hating me for my eyes. And then yesterday Kaname-san, my one true love got engaged to Yuuki-san, my sister. However, today Rido-san attacked the castle and I found it as a perfect way to escape." I didn't know why I was spilling my life story but he felt like someone I could trust.

He grinned and pecked my nose, " Well, I think you are beautiful, just the way you are. "

*

Me and Dad talked the entire way until we reached a castle and it stood tall and proud. Three women stood outside of the mansion, with bright smiles on their face and next to them were six little boys. I got scared when Dad put me on the ground, so I hid behind him. A woman approached us and gave Dad a kiss before she grinned at me, " You are so pretty. My name is Beatrix but you can call me Mom. That-" She pointed at the smiling purple haired woman with green eyes, "...is Cordelia. And she-" She pointed at a pale woman with blonde hair, "...is Christa. You can call all us Mom."

I felt braver so I spoke, " You three are so pretty and I am lucky to have you all as my mothers....unlike Juri-san. " I looked down sadly and a little boy approached me. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. He smiled at me and held out his hand.

" Hi there, my name is Shu Sakamaki and I am nine years old. " He gestured for a serious-looking boy to walk forward, he has black hair and red eyes. " This is my younger brother, Reiji Sakamaki, he is eight."

Another boy stepped forward, he has a happy face on with his green eyes and red hair, " My name is Ayato Sakamaki, I am six and the oldest of the triplets and these are my brothers. " He pointed to the boy with duller red hair and green eyes, " That is Laito Sakamaki, he is six and-" He pointed to the boy with purple hair and a crazy look in his red eyes, "..He is Kanato Sakamaki, he is also six and the second of us triplets. "

The last boy didn't introduce himself to me so I walked forward and held out my hand, " Hi, my name is Mazaki.....Kuran." His eyes widened slightly and he slowly began to smile. He was pretty handsome with his white hair and red eyes.

" My name is Subaru Sakamaki and I am an only child from my mother's side. But as you can see..." He gestured at the other five, "..I have five half- brothers. "

Ayato exclaimed, " How old are you and you are a Pureblood princess !?" Shu smacked him on the head and gave me an apologetic expression.

" I am five, and I am older than my twin by four hours. And yes, I am a Pureblood princess, but there is also my sister, Yuuki-san. " I stopped myself from spitting out her name with hatred.

Laito waggled his eyebrows, " We will take care of you, won't we?" Kanato and Ayato both smacked him hard and he groaned, " Why did you hit me? That wasn't fair. How come I don't get to do that?"

For the first time in my life, I bursted into laughter and the others were memorized by my giggles, that they all yelled, " KAWAII ! "