Chapter 4

Mazaki Sakamaki

I was listening to music while sitting in the library with Kaname and Ichijou, Shu and Subaru. I flicked through a book regarding my family's history when I smelt someone's blood and it smelt delicious. I recognized it to be Yuuki's and quickly pushed open the window, startling Shu who's head had been in my lap when he was sleeping. He called out, " Mazak-" but I had already jumped out. I landed softly on the ground and saw Ataksuki with Aido who was drinking Yuuki's blood from her palm. I hissed, " Don't touch her!" I landed a kick at Aido's legs and pushed him with my powers so that he flew into a wall. He groaned and picked himself out before shooting some ice at me. My eyes blazed up with flames and I melted them just by concentrating the flames on each icicle. I snarled loudly at Aido to force him to submit and he did by bowing, "My lady, I apologize." My eyes burned out its flames and I nodded.

Shu appeared next to me and licked my neck before Subaru showed up as well and licked my other side of the neck. I shuddered under the sparks and cleared my throat before heading towards Yuuki, she had a scared expression on. I smiled softly, making her sigh in relief before I grabbed her hand, making her gasp and started licking the wound gently, lapping up the dried blood. The wound closed but someone pointed a gun at me, " Filthy Pureblood! Let go of her!" I put my hands up and backed away before crossing my arms.

" You know, Zero, I wonder how you tame your bloodlust? Not to mention, I was just helping you out by healing her. Me and the Sakamaki brothers have the ability to heal human wounds with our saliva. It is in our blood." I lied about me, the reason I have that ability is because twenty three hours ago, I had sucked some of Shu's blood so a bit of his powers transferred towards me, but after twenty four hours later, they will be gone. Yuuki held her palm for Zero to look at.

Zero put down the gun but he stated, " Yuuki is not part of your food. Don't touch her or you will regret it." I chuckled and simply waved at him before me and the brothers jumped up and softly reached the balcony, and headed off to our classes again.

*

I sighed and threw myself onto the couch in the living room before Subaru appeared next to me and picked me up, he sat down with me and I curled up into his chest." Hey...Subaru, if i tell you something, promise me you won't be mad." He nodded, Subaru has a tendency to violence like his mother Christa, they are both uncontrollable.

" I am in love with you and Shu, but I don't want to break either one's heart. I want the both of you, is that wrong?" He smiled and shook his head before kissing my forehead. I sighed and smiled at him.

" I wish I wasn't born, then either one of you wouldn't end up broken hearted."

Subaru smiled gently down at me and squeezed my hand before he sighed," Life is hard, there are always people that get hurt in the end when you have reached your goal so...if you choose one of us, the other one of us would completely accept it without any resentment. However I am not sure about Shu, all his life Reiji or other brothers stole his most important things from him. Like his first puppy by his mother Beatrix, then Reiji being the leader of his family instead of me even though he's the oldest son."

I nodded and sighed," Yeah, I know all about that."

*

Flashback to ten years ago....

I was playing with Ayato, Laito and Kanato when Cordelia, one of my mothers came over, she patted me on the head and turned to Ayato before dragging him to a nearby bush to talk. I knew she was lecturing him about being the future of the family because she thinks that Shu is not right for this. I watched as Ayato repeated something emotionlessly before he walked off, after he sent me a look of apology. I turned to Laito and Kanato who stared at me," Hey guys, I am going to go find Shu!" They shrugged me off and I ran off to find him near the podium.