Chapter 6

Mazaki Sakamaki

"I am surprised to find my sister sitting here, reading a book. And a biology book at that." Kaname sat down next to me and crossed his legs before staring at me. I felt the side of head burn under his gaze before I slammed the book shut and stood up. He followed, of course.

"What do you need, Kaname? I have nothing to talk to you about. Last night was nothing. All you did was give me time and this isn't giving time at all. You're stalking me right now. I can consider telling my two bodyguards." I glanced at him while shoving the book where it belongs.

"You mean, Shu and Subaru. I have kept them occupied with Rika and Rima. They won't be seeing you for a while." He stated while crossing his arms, leaning against the shelf.

"Yeah. Whatever you are doing right now isn't working. I know where they are. We are connected in each and every way." I taunted him before walking past him, leaving him behind. I think that shock will last for a couple of days. Now on to seeing my brothers and Yui.

*

"Yui! Get back here!" Ayato chased after Yui who ran past me. I grabbed Yui by the arm and held her behind me before facing Ayato.

"What did you do now? Ayato. And where are those two idiots?" I yelled at him. Ayato stopped and scratched his head.

"Um. I have no idea. If you wanna ask, ask someone else. I am just a playboy going after Yui. So no thanks." He tried to leave but I grabbed him and held him up with my strength.

"I am older than you and stronger than you. Tell me before I break you arm. I don't care you are my brother right now." I warned him. He sighed in frustration and ran a hand through his hair before he pointed at the north direction.

"They are in the forest. Preparing for battle."

Oh god.

*

I ran through the forest, treading over every single fallen leaf. My heart hammered rapidly against my chest as I ran. I skidded into a stop, almost tripping as soon as I arrived. My eyes widened at the blood, before I finally looked at the two brothers. I felt a tear drip down my cheek before I yelled," Please stop! It's all my fault! I should have never fallen in love in the first place."

They looked up at me and Shu stumbled forward. There were scratches all over his chest and a hole in his stomach but it was healing. Subaru on the other hand has lost an arm and a leg. He was healing himself right now by reattaching his lost limbs."It's not your fault. We should have never pushed you in the first place. We both love you and have decided to be with you. Just like Dad and our mothers."

"I...."I gave them a teary smile."Come here." I held out my arms and Shu walked into them first before Subaru finally healed up and was able to reach me. I hugged them both tightly and they hugged back equally as tight." I love you both. Please don't fight anymore."

"We promise." They stated.

Thank heavens.

*

"Did you choose?" Reiji approached me as soon as I stepped out of the nurse's office.

"I chose both of them. Well they both chose that decision before I finally confirmed it with them. I mean Dad was with three wives. So why can't I have two husbands? I love them both too much and losing both of them would mean the end of me. I can't do that." Maybe I should have chosen earlier, then neither of them would have had to hurt each other. Why couldn't I have gotten inspiration from the idea of Dad and his three wives? I didn't even think of it.

Someone hugged me," Don't cry." It was Yui. I didn't even realize I was crying until the sounds that came out from my mouth." Look on the bright side. You have two lovers now. Double the fun." I pulled back abruptly and eyed her, my tears immediately stopped.

"You have been hanging out with Laito too much." I blurted out. We stared at each other before we finally laughed out loud. At the time, it was just both of us. Human and vampire. Laughing at the same time.

But we didn't know it would change in the future.

*

"Good evening, Kaname." I greeted him as I sat down next to him on the edge of the fountain. He turned towards me and eyed me for a while, I on the other hand stared at the beautiful moon.

"It must not be very good news then. I suppose you have chosen. Haven't you? I suspect it is not me." He replied under his breath.

"...." I glanced at him as he turned forward to face into nothing." I...chose the two of them. They made the decision to be with me whether they were together or not."

" Do you know why I avoided you in the past?" He asked while clasping his hands.

"Why?" I eyed him with suspicion in my eyes.

"You had such a kind heart. You tended to Yuuki when she would get hurt, even when she pushes you away and calls you a monster, you would still try until mother comes and pushes you away. You knew everything about me even when I didn't tell you. My insecurities, my emotions. Everything." He stated before he turned towards me," But you didn't know one thing."

"What?" I leaned forward and looked him in the eye.

"Rido...he's not a fatherly figure. Neither is Karlheinz. They are not who you think they are. You had idolized your father at a young age, always wondering where he was but one thing you didn't know was that they were in league. They planned everything."

I stood up, not believing everything coming out of his mouth." What do you mean? This conversation is leading us nowhere. I came here talking about my choice and you start telling me these things." I shook my head in disbelief and threw my hands up into the air.

"Look. You have to listen to me. Please." He pleaded with me.

"I don't want to. This is enough. I get that we are related as brother and sister but this is totally getting out of hand. What is this about my father and dad? There is no re-"

He cut me off by pressing his lips against mine. I pushed him and slapped him immediately out of reflex." Sorry. I had to do it. You were going crazy. Just listen to me."

I stared him for a while, gauging for any insincerity before I finally nodded." Fine. Tell me."

"Karlheinz and your father planned everything. You running away and going to exact spot where Karlheinz is supposed to meet you and take you with him. He is going for a much bigger plan."

"What?"

" He wants you to kill me so that Rido can get what he wants. Yuuki."