Chapter 2

Mazaki Sakamaki

It has been eleven years already and it just felt like yesterday I was running away from my family. I have been living with the Sakamaki family for eight to nine years when suddenly all three of my mothers were gone completely from my life. Now even Dad won't visit us as often, so I stay with the brothers at a mansion. Me and Subaru and Shu are really close, because we all get each other. Reiji was close with me too until he saw me hug Shu and he thinks that Shu doesn't deserve to be happy, he is always there for me thought, just as a brother but not as my best friend. I just recently turned sixteen and I am pretty sure Yuuki is sixteen as well, however I don't know if she was alive or not. I sighed and quickly put on the new school uniform, Dad had just informed me and Shu and Subaru that we would be going to Cross Academy where there will be a Night Class and a Day Class. I wasn't looking forward to being seperated from Yui Komori, she was sent here a few weeks ago as a sacrificial bride and her blood is very tempting but not to me, maybe because I am a Pureblood.

I quickly dressed myself and looked at myself in the mirror. Touching my purple hair lightly, I smiled. Shu had given me the idea to dye my hair if I wanted to wash away the fact that I am a Kuran so that was what I did. However, everytime I put in my contact lens, my amber eyes make sure they flame up and disappear. Ever since birth, I have had amber eyes but now it is luminating, like cat's eyes. I shrugged it off and grabbed my backpack before I was met with a hug. When I saw the fedora and the hat, I knew who it was.

" Wahhh.....why are you and Shu and Subaru leaving us here?" Laito-kun cried out. I chuckled at him and patted him gently, making him blush.

" Laito-kun, dad told you to come but you didn't want to because Yu-"

Laito-kun cut in, " Bitch-chan, how many times do I have to tell you, her nickname is Bitch-chan."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, " Her name is Yui and it will always be Yui. Now where is she? I have to say goodbye to her. She is one of the only girls I have as a best friend."

Then out of nowhere, Yui appeared in her uniform, she goes to a Night School with all of us until now, me and Shu and Subaru are leaving to join Cross Academy who is apparently administered by Kaien Cross, a very brilliant vampire hunter, well he is not one anymore. He sounded like a pretty awesome person on the phone, hopefully he actually is. She pushed Laito away and hugged me, "I am going to miss you, Mazaki. Please tell me you will send me letters everyday. I can't bear to not talk to you anymore."

I crossed my arms, since Yui tried to escape the first time she arrived here, she hasn't touched a single phone or any type of electronic device ever since. I felt bad for her because I have a phone myself which I use all the time to listen to music, that's why me and Shu are best friends. Sometimes his head would lay in my lap and I would gently run my fingers through them, making him smile. I have had a crush on him ever since two years ago when he gave me a music recorder on my birthday but I didn't have the guts to tell him. I remember walking onto him and Yui two weeks ago, he was sucking her blood and I felt my heart break so I vowed to never have  a crush on the Sakamaki brothers anymore.

Reiji appeared and he hugged me, " You don't want to be late, do you? So hurry up. Subaru is already waiting for you." I nodded and pecked his cheek before I pecked Laito's. They both blushed and pushed me so I would leave already.

As soon as I said goodbye to the others, I heaved my suitcase into the back of the limousine and got in. Shu was sleeping with his earbuds in while Subaru simply looked out the window. I sat down next to Subaru and started talking with him, occassionally I saw Shu's eyebrows furrow up with annoyance but I shrugged it off.

*

When we arrived, Subaru and I got out while Shu got out a minute later. A man with silver hair and silver eyes approached us, he gave us all disgusted looks but gave me a surprised one, however before he spoke, a familiar figure ran towards us. I 'tcched', my sister was alive and she still looked the same. She gave us all smiles, and when I saw her uniform, questions started forming in my head. Is she a human? I sniffed the air and my eyes widened, she is a human! She waved at us and bowed, " Hello and good afternoon. My name is Yuuki Cross and this is Zero Kiryu, we are the Guardians of the Cross Academy. Please follow us and we will take you to the Headmaster."

I had a natural gift to communicate with vampires so I mind-linked Shu and Subaru, " Guys, she is my sister, the Yuuki I always hated. It seems like my mom may have given up her life to turn Yuuki human by surpressing her vampire blood. But if she is here...." Shu and Subaru gave me panicked expressions. " Then he must not be far."

Kaname-sama, it seems like we will meet again after all.

*

We arrived at the Headmaster's office and instantly the door opened to reveal Kaien Cross, he has a serious expression on his face until he saw Yuuki and Zero enter. " Ah! My dear daughter and son!" Yuuki chuckled nervously and stood by his side, Zero followed suite. They must be his foster kids or something. He continued, " We will have to wait for the Dorm President to arrive, he is the last living Pureblood after all, but I guess not anymore, am I right, Mazaki Sakamaki?"

I gave him a smile and then the door opened, and a familiar figure walked in. I slowly turned around and there he was in the Night Class uniform. His eyes first landed on Shu and Subaru before on me. His eyes held recognition and shock but he said nothing. He emotionlessly walked towards a chair and sat down, crossing his legs. I 'tcched'. Typical older brother. He is still the same.

Shu and Subaru both felt the need to hold my hand so they did. Kaname-sama noticed and his eyes sparked with anger before Yuuki bowed, " Kaname-sama, these are the new students. They are Shu Sakamaki, Subaru Sakamaki and Mazaki Sakamaki. " His eyes instantly glistened with love which I rolled my eyes at.

I crossed my arms, " Look....we really want to get started on our first day so can we please hurry this up? We all have things to do, like I have to write a letter to a dear friend and to each of my dear brothers before they start freaking out. We don't want another human and four more vampires, now do we?"

Kaien Cross shook his head and stated, " Kaname, would you please show them to their dorms ?" Kaname-sama nodded and then gestured for us to follow him. He first led us to the Moon Dorms, the boy section where he dropped off Shu and Subaru, I hugged each of them and Shu made Kaname-sama's mouth twitch when he kissed me on the corner of my lips, Subaru did the same thing but on the other side. I mind-linked them a soft 'thanks and wish me luck' before I followed after Kaname-sama.

We walked in silence for a few minutes until we reached my dorm. I quickly opened the door but I didn't close it fast enough. His hand stopped the door and he came in, closing the door behind me. I instinctively moved back and tried to mind-link them but I guess I forgot that I have't trained myself to mind-link them from quite a distance. He continued walking slowly towards while I continued backing away until all hope was lost and my back hit the wall. He put one of his arms next to my head and leaned in, bending down to my eye level before he slowly moved forward to press his lips against mine. However, that didn't happen because I forgot that Shu promised to visit me as soon as I arrived at my dorm. He pushed Kaname-sama away and growled angrily, " Don't touch her! She is mine!" I held his hand and he looked down, his glare softened and a soft smile appeared on his face. Kaname-sama stumbled back but regained his posture, he gave me a silent stare before he simply opened the door and walked away after saying, "It's good to see my beautiful half-sister again."

Me and Shu looked at each other before we realized what he said was just the beginning of a major drama.