Chapter [25]

"Come on Katerina! Let's go play!" A little girl smiled as both the little girl and Katerina (the other little girl) ran towards the woods. "Serrina, and Katerina Patrova! Stay away from those woods!" An older woman called out. "Yes mother!" Katerina sighed following her mother's orders while Serrina saw what looked like a man in the distance. He had long blonde hair, piercing blue eyes. It was Nik.

The little girl felt like something was pulling her to him. "Serrina!" Her mother called again. "Coming mother!" Serrina yelled back running to the house. That's when I realized the little girl was me. That's when a I was engulfed by a white light.

I looked around to see I was in a forest. "Hello?" I called out. "Welcome dear." A beautiful woman said stepping out in a 10th century dress. "Who are you?" I asked. "I am Esther Mikaelson. I'm Niklaus' mother." She informed. "Why am I here? Where are we?" I asked.

"We're on the other side. You died." She frowned. "No, no, no. I wasn't supposed to die. Stefan was supposed to back to get me." I cried. "Don't worry dear. I can send you back but I have brought you here for a reason." Esther said.

"And what is it?" I asked specticaly. "I'm here to give you you're memories. You're the reincarnation of the original Patrova sister. You've died a thousand years ago and I've put a spell on you to bring you back to life every 500 years with the new doppelgänger. I'm here to give you you're memories back. But you're memories will be blurry only until you meet you're mate." Esther informed.

"Why would you do this for me? Who's my mate?" I asked curiously. "I'm sorry dear, but you must find that out by yourself." She frowned.

Before I could argue everything came flooding back to me before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar's POV

I woke up with a gasp causing Damon to look down at me. "You're okay! Thank God!" Damon said hugging me tightly to him. "What happened?" I asked after pulling away. "You told Stefan to leave you in the building to save Damon and I. When Stefan brought you back we thought you were dead. You scared us half to death! Damn you!" Bre cried as her, Elena, Bonnie, and Takarie pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry." I apologized. "But how did you guys save me?" I asked.

"Damon fed you his blood." Elena sighed. "Am I a vampire?" I frowned. "Look at me." Stefan said observing me as I did. "No. You're still you." Stefan smiled pulling me into a hug as well. "Um I have something to tell you guys." I said. "What is it?" Bonnie frowned. "When I was unconscious. I went somewhere. I met someone. A witch. She said I was the reincarnation of these doppelgänger's and she gave me my memories back from until the 10th century. I just thought you guys should know." I informed.

"We can talk about it some other time. Let's get you home. You've had quite a night." Damon sighed wrapping his jacket around me. On the way home I texted Elena to pick up my stuff from the school along with her's.

Later At Home

After I got home and Damon left I sat on the couch with Jenna. "Elena's home." Jenna said. "Good. I need my stuff." I smiled and opened the door, but my smiled turned into a frown seeing Damon and Elena kissing. "Well you two seem cozy!" I spoke up earning a surprised look from Elena, and a guilty look from Damon. "Sky--" Damon tried. "Don't! Don't talk to me, and don't ever fucking come near me again!" I hissed, whipping his jacket at him then ran up to my room while Jenna followed.

"Sky! Open up!" Jenna said. I just ignored her until she went away. I got my phone out and called him.

"Hey, it's Nik. You know what to do after the beep." Was all I got. I cried clutching my necklace and pillow close. And that night I spent it crying myself to sleep as my memories came clearer as Katerina looked exactly like Elena but with curly hair. But you could definitely tell me/Serrina from Katerina. We look exactly alike but with different somewhat different styles. But when there were other people their faces were blurry and I couldn't recognize them.