Chapter [35]

The Next Morning
Skylar's POV

I made my way over to the Boarding House after Damon called and explained how Rise was bit by a wolf, Jules, a friend of Mason's from Florida. When I got there I sat with Rose as Damon went to go get her some blood from the basement.

"I was born in 1450, that makes me 560 years old. So I can die. I've lived long enough." Rose said as Damon walked in. "Hey, don't say that Rosie." I sighed using my old nickname for her. "If you're gonna be maudlin, I'm just gonna kill you myself, just to put me out of your misery. Come on, it's just a little wolf bite." Damon said pouring some blood into a glass.

"Just a little fatal-to-a-vampire werewolf bite." Rose joked. "Well, according to the legend, which is a notoriously unreliable source. Here, drink up." Damon said giving the glass to Rose. "How do you feel?" I asked after she finished.

"It feels like it's working." Rose said. "Let's have a look." I said carefully moving the fabric. I looked up at Damon in worry. It was even worse since the last time I checked.

"How is it?" Rose asked. "Definitely better." I lied so she wouldn't worry. "Right Damon, Elena?" I asked as Elena walked in. "Totally." Damon lied.

"Where's Stef?" I asked. "He left. Damon could you talk to him? He's convinced he has to find Isobel, but that's gonna upset Elijah." Elena frowned. "Nope, I'm with Stefan on this one, but if you could stay with your sister and play nurse......Thanks." Damon said walking g out.

Third Person's POV
At The Grill

Alaric was at a table, and got out his phone leaving a message. "Damon, hey, uh, the wolf is in the Grill."

"It that the, uh............." Stefan trails off mimicking a wolf growl as he sat down across from Ric.

"Yeah, I just left Damon a message." Ric sighed. "So you're doing his dirty work for him?" Stefan asked. "Yeah, well, she could have a curse for Rose. I couldn't find anything in Isobel's research. Except that it's fatal." Ric nodded.

"Do you know how to get in touch with Isobel?" Stefan asked. "Even if I did, she isn't gonna help." Ric said. "Katherine said Isobel knew of Klaus." Stefan informed. "So this is about the twins, not Rose." Ric sighed in realization. "I have an old number. Probably out of service."

"So, no harm in giving it to me, then. Right?" Stefan asked. "You know Isobel isn't trustworthy. Even when it comes to the twins." Ric pointed out. "I know." Stefan nodded. "Okay," Ric agreed. "I'll see if I can find the number, then text it to you."

"Thank you." Stefan said as Ric nodded and left.

At The Salvatore Boarding House
Skylar's POV

"I hate this. I'm a vampire who hasn't had a cold in little over 5 centuries." Rose complained as Elena held a glass of blood, and I helped her into one of the guest bedrooms. "Come on, just get in bed." I sighed getting her comfortable. "We don't get colds. When we die, it's supposed to be fast and sudden. Not drawn out with an illness." Rose stated.

"You're not gonna die." Elena assured. "Such a human thing to say." Rose smiled. "You know, you two are lucky. No one has ever loved me the way Stefan and Damon love the two of you."

"I doubt that." Elena smiled. "Trevor was my best friend. Nothing more. We spent all those years running from Elijah, and I thought it wasn't a good idea to set roots. The whole wanting a family thing isn't compatible with vampires." Rose explained as Elena handed her the glass of blood. "Why do you want to give up so easily?"