Chapter 41

Skylar's POV
The Next Morning

"Please sign here and here." Mr. Henry the real-estate agent said as we signed the deed.

"So this place is all yours?" Takarie asked.

"They just gave it to you?" Bonnie asked.

"For now." Elena answered.

"As sole owners, we're the only one's who can invite a certain type of person in here. If you know what I mean." I added.

"Your own personal safe house?" Bre asked.

"That's the idea." I nodded.

"Wouldn't want to clean it." Bre commented causing me to chuckle.

Once we finally signed everything we escorted Mr. Henry out and faced Stefan and Damon who had to wait outside.

"Stefan, would you like to come inside my house?" Elena asked innocently.

"I would love to." Stefan smiled playing along, taking her hand as I smiled evily at Damon.

"What are we, 12?" Damon smirked annoyed, not finding this amusing.

"One of us is." I laughed causing Bre to chuckle. "Let's go get into his good supply of whiskey."

"Don't mind if we do." Bre smirked.

"Hey! Don't even think about it!" Damon warned.

"Relax, we're kidding. Damon, you now have the honor of entering my house, come on in." I smirked.

"You are evil little bitch, aren't ya." Damon joked around as I laughed.

"You know it." I smiled kissing his lips before Takarie gave Bre and I our stuff for school as Bonnie did the same for Elena. "Thanks."

"Wait, where are you guys going?" Stefan frowned.

"School." Elena shrugged.

"Huh?" Stefan asked.

"No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it." Damon frowned.

"Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that." Stefan said.

"Right, but where?" Bre asked as no one answered. "No one knows."

"Look, we appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing we'll be safe here, but we're not gonna be prisoners." I stated.

"Your guy's way." Damon sighed.

"Don't worry, Bonnie's ready." Takarie said.

"If he shows his face, I can take him. I know how." Bonnie assured.

"The way I see it, next to Bonnie and Takarie is the safest place we can be." Elena added before we started to leave.

"Wait, I'm coming." Stefan sighed coming with us.

At School

Everyone was in their seats when Elena showed me a flyer for the '60s Decade Dance. I sighed and reluctantly nodded as Ric walked in.

"Hello, class." Ric said walking in late looking through a book. "What are we learning today?"

"With the decade dance, we've been covering the '60s all week." Dana said helping him out.

"Right. The '60s." Ric sighed writing 'The 60s' on the board. "The '60s. I wish there was something good to say about the '60s, but........ they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban missile thing, the, uh-- we walked on the moon. There was Watergate."