News

"What do you mean it's made headlines?! Don't you know how bad that makes SVU look?!" I was freaking out.
     "Well," Carisi took a deep breath, "it turns out that that Spencer guy is Spencer Duplin. He's a famous actor, and there were people recording phone videos of the altercation, and were released on television."
     Barba stood up, "Turn on the TV."
     I hastily clicked the button.
"It turns out that the Special Victims Unit has accused world-renowned actor, Spencer Duplin of sexual assault. Detectives Sonny Carisi and Amanda Rollins of the SVU stopped by set today during the filming of Fuplin's new movie: Cold and Alone and gave him a warrant for his DNA in a rape case for a fan of his, under the signature of Judge Johnson and DAs (Y/F/N) and Rafael Barba."
"Well this isn't good." Barba sighed.
"No, it's horrible. Do you know how many crazy fans there are that will have our heads? And how many people might be hired to 'keep us quiet'?" I began to panic and I sat down, naming off insane situations, "I have an apartment they might rob, and I've got a safe they could get into... How am I gonna be able to sleep tonight?!"
"(Y/N), you're being irrational."
"AM I BARBA? AM I REALLY? AFTER YOU WERE THREATENED IS WHAT I'M SAYING REALLY IRRATIONAL?!" I screamed and started breathing heavy. I always get intense when I start thinking the worst.
Barba stared in shock at me, "(Y/N), you can stay at a hotel. Do you have any family here?"
"No. No I don't. And they might find me at a hotel."
"Stay at my place. You can stay for a few days." Carisi suggested.
"Thank you, Carisi. I appreciate it. Sorry I'm a mess right now guys, I freak out when I think of crazy situations."
"Don't worry about it. You've never been through this before, it's a whole new situation for you. You'll be fine trust me." Carisi smiled and put a hand on my shoulder. Barba stood up, smiled, and patted me on the back.
"You get used to it after a while. No one's gonna hurt you."

Carisi unlocked the door to his house and I walked in.
"Wow, this isn't so bad. Where should I put my stuff?"
"There's a guest room back there. Go ahead and crash back there. Want some food?"
"Sure, thanks."
He smiled, "No problem. If you need anything just holler to me and I'll see what I can do for food. You like take-out?"
"Sounds good. I'm gonna go put my stuff down really quick and I'll go through the menu and decide what I wanna eat."
"Alright, counselor. Just lemme know." He smiled and walked over to his television.
I walked into my room and checked my phone.
Rafael Barba- 3 missed calls
Wow. I didn't expect Barba to be calling me. I dialed his number and called him back. He picked up quickly.
"(Y/N), turn on the news. Now."
I clicked the television, and heard the worst news I could've heard.
This just in: Online threats to ADA (Y/F/N). In other strongly related news, Rape victim Penny Belken found dead in her home. Will this murderer get away with these crimes? Tune in tomorrow where we interview the accused: Spencer Duplin.
"Wow, thanks for making me twice as paranoid as before Barba." I spoke shakily and sarcastically through to him on the phone.
"Are you at Carisi's?"
"Yeah, why?"
"I'm coming over, and so is the rest of the squad and so are guards to surround the building. We have to keep you safe."

     Barba ran into the house as I was standing by the window, staring blankly outside at all of the police surrounding the place.
     "(Y/N)!"
     I jumped, "Barba, I didn't think you all would get here so quick." I chuckled nervously, feeling fear and paranoia fill my body.
     "Are you okay?" He looked serious and held my shoulders.
     "Not exac- No, no I'm fine." I forced a smile and a nervous chuckle. I didn't want to appear weak, given that I knew something like this would happen anyway when I signed up for the job.
     "Listen (Y/N), no one is gonna get through those cops out there. I know you're scared but you'll be fine." He rubbed my back as I kept staring out the window.
     "No. I took this job, I need to be able to handle this. I knew going in that I'd get these kind of threats. I've been getting letters Barba. They know where I am. Whoever is doing this is just trying to mess with me." I sighed. Internally, I was freaking out, but I couldn't admit that to him, or anyone for that matter. I'm strong, too strong to let some ridiculous people talk big about hurting me just to boost their inflated ego.
     "If they're sending you letters, that's proof we can use and evidence to find these guys and bring them to trial for threatening you. Where are the letters?"
     "In my room. Over there." I pointed to the doorway to my room.
     "I'll go get them, we could use them to find whoever is doing this to you."
     "Barba, we don't need to. I'm sure it will stop soon."
     "I've seen how far these threats can go, 
(Y/N). It'll only get worse. Now, help me find these letters."