Stop

The next day was hard, given that I slept in until about noon. Barba was up and I began to hear music coming from his living room.
     "Barba?" I yawned and walked out of my room to see him playing a guitar, struggling to learn something.
     "Morning, (Y/N)." He smiled, with a bit of embarrassment.
     "What're you doing?" I giggled as I walked out and sat down on the couch opposite of him.
     "Nothing." He laughed and put the guitar down, "Just trying to remember my lessons, that's all." 
     "I used to play too, until I moved here." I smiled, "I had to sell all of my guitars to afford my schooling, and barely had enough to move from one place to another."
     "Well, why don't you show me how good you are?" He smiled and gestured to the acoustic he had previously set down.
     I smiled and blushed as I grabbed the guitar, "Might be a bit rusty, but I'll try my best to remember."
     I started strumming and hesitantly playing the only song I knew, which was Hallelujah. I made a few mistakes and my singing was off pitch, but afterwards, I smiled happily.
     "That was amazing, (Y/N)." Barba smiled at me as I put the guitar down.
     "Thanks." I smiled back and chuckled, "Like I said, it's been a while since I've played last."
     "I used to know a lot of songs, but it's been too long for me as well." He chuckled back.
     I smiled and sat on the couch next to him. Nothing special happened, no arm over me, or me leaning on his shoulder, no googly-eyes or quick glances, just silence. We just sat and scrolled through our phones for a while, until one of us spoke.
     "Do you want food?" Barba turned to me and I turned my eyes to look at him, not changing my position.
     "Sure." I smiled softly, still with an unchanged position.
     "I'll be right back then." He smiled and got up. He came back a while later with some bacon and eggs and sat it in front of me on the table.
     "Thank you." I smiled and shifted my position to eat. We weren't 'a thing' after last night. We were just friends. The kiss was special to me, but we were still friends. We'd kindly established that, as much as it pained me to do so.
     "So, last night..." I spoke cautiously.
     "What about it?" He looked curiously.
     "Are we... ya know... what are we?"
     "Friends? I mean, that seems about the right title." He shrugged and I nodded.
     "Friends..." I looked at my food and began to pick at it, deep in thought, "Thank you, for being a friend to me, Barba." I smiled and kept staring at my food.
     "Anytime, (Y/N). That's what friends do." He patted my back as his phone began to ring.
     "Why is Liv calling on the weekend?" He sighed and picked up the phone. I looked at him curiously.
     "Okay... oh my God, is he okay?... We will be there as soon as possible." He hung up and looked at me nervously.
     "It's Noah, Liv's kid."
     "What? What happened?" I was freaking out, "I he okay?"
     "There were cuts on his body. Liv's in the hospital with him right now. We have to get to the precinct. This could be a warning."

     We got into the building, and I ran as quickly as possible, to Rollins.
     "Amanda! Is Jessie okay?"
     "Yeah, (Y/N). Jessie's fine. What does she have to do with Noah?"
     Barba ran up behind me, "(Y/N) has a theory that someone is after her, me, you, and Liv."
     "What?" Rollins was confused.
     "Everyone who is protecting me. With the Belken case, we've stepped into something deep. A cult."
     "What do you mean, cult? What the hell is going on?"
     I pulled out some case files I was working on the night before and showed them to Rollins and the others.
     "There's a deep connection between this pattern and a cult that's been around since the 17th century. They've been putting sacrifices to a demon they believe will give them eternal life." I looked at Rollins with deep fear and concern, "And they want to sacrifice virginity and stop anyone who interferes with them. It's their law."
     "Why do they go after Noah?"
     "This is why." Barba showed me his phone, and Liv had sent a message.
Stop investigating please... we have to close this. Someone hurt Noah. Please stop.