A Whole New Outlook

Ever since the other night when Barba yelled at me, telling me I have courage and knocking some sense into me, I've been totally involved in this investigation. My nerves were still there, but only barely. I sat up at six in the morning before work as Barba set a coffee in front of me, next to my papers and laptop.
     "You're doing great, (Y/N)." He smiled at me  as I looked up at him.
     "Thank you, Barba." I smiled. God was I so tempted to kiss him.
     "Anytime." He pat my back and went back to the coffee pot.
     "Anything new?" He sat down at the table after he returned with his coffee.
     "Barely. This whole cult thing seems like a sham though." I sighed. Barba looked at me confused, sipping his drink, "What do you mean, sham?"
     "I mean it's a facade. They were coating something with the cult nonsense. That's what I'm looking for."
     "(Y/N), I'm sure you'll find something." He nodded and stood up, "I'll go get ready for work. I suggest you take a small break and change." He chuckled.
     "I don't want to. My pajamas are too comfortable..." I giggled and whined.
     "Don't make me carry you, I will."
     I whined and got up slowly, "Fine." I chuckled and we went into our rooms to change.
     I came out in my nice dress suit for work, to see Barba already getting his car keys.
     "My car?" He turned to me, flashing his keys at me.
     "Sure." I smiled, "Do you trust me to drive it?" I giggled.
     "Go ahead." He smiled and tossed the keys to me.

     I pulled up to the office and we both got out and went into the building.
     "God I'm so glad you didn't kill me." Barba chuckled and sounded relieved.
     "You thought I was that bad of a driver?" I giggled.
     "Partially." He spoke sarcastically.
     "Jerk." I scoffed.
     "I know." He smiled.
     We walked over to our offices across from each other, and Barba turned to me.
     "Good luck with that case." He smiled and pat my back again before we walked into our offices.

"Dammit." I whispered and slapped my pen down, "What the hell is happening with all these murders?" I groaned and wiped my tired eyes. Barba had been texting me about how the case was coming along, and expressing his concern for me. It was 7 pm, and I was supposed to be off half an hour ago. Someone suddenly knocked on my door.
     "Who is it?" I yawned.
     "Romeo." I heard Barba open the door, "And your food."
     "What?" I turned and looked up at him surprised, "Food?" I smiled and Barba rolled his eyes, chuckling.
     "Thank you, Romeo." I stuck my tongue out at him and snagged the food from his hands.
      "Mhm hm." He nodded and smirked as I began to eat fries from my bag.
     "What?" I looked concerned, and covered my mouth, "I was hungry. I didn't have a lunch break."
     "I thought so, that's why I bought you something. I couldn't get off until work was over, and then Carmen said you stayed after, so I grabbed you something."
     "Well, thank you." I took a drink of the tea he bought me, and smiled.
     "Sure thing, Juliet." He smiled and leaned against the door on his phone.
     "What?"
     "Are you coming or not?"
     "Where?"
     "Well, it's past hours, and I was going to drive you home while you ate, if you wanted."
     "Oh! Sure." I set my food on my desk as I packed everything else up into my bag.
     "I'll hold something for you." He smiled and offered his hand.
     "I'm fine, but thank you." I smiled and he nodded understandably back, as he walked out to the car in front of me, holding my door open, and driving home.
     "I'm gonna put the trash away then head off to bed." Barba grabbed my food trash and I nodded, yawning. I realized I was falling asleep quickly, so I crashed in the couch.
     Barba carried me to bed that night, and I smiled in his arms, feeling warm and happy inside.