Healing

I finished my final day of PT, and called up Barba.
     "Finished!!!"
"I'll be there soon." I heard him chuckle a bit.
"Okay, I'm in the waiting room!"
We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.
"Miss (L/N), we're gonna need you to sign here to confirm your release and that you're therapy sessions are completed. We'll send it to your doctor to sign, and then to your boss to let you return to work." The nurse handed me a few papers and a pen attached to a clipboard.
"No problem! Thanks so much for your help!" I smiled and filled out the papers. After I was done, I handed them back just in time to see Barba pulling up outside.
"Is that your husband?"
"No, he's a friend of mine." I chuckled.
"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry!" The nurse seemed embarrassed.
"Oh don't worry about it! It happens, we all make those kinds of silly mistakes!" I giggled. Barba came in with his coat slung over his shoulder.
"I'm Rafael Barba, (Y/N)'s caretaker." He smiled and shook the nurse's hand.
"Of course! You must be the one I spoke with on the phone! I'm Amanda, her P.T. Nice to meet you Mr. Barba."
"Why did you call her?" I turned around curiously.
"Just to check up on you every now and again when I'm at work." He smiled, "Like to see how you're doing."
"That's nice! Thank you." I smiled and blushed a bit. Do I like him? I mean, we're friends, and he's letting me stay at his place...
"(Y/N)?" He waved his hand in front of my face, "Are you okay?"
I blinked quickly, "Yeah! I'm fine, sorry!" I realized I'd been staring at him, "I didn't mean to stare, I got lost in thought about something..." my blush got deeper and I chucked a little.
"Well, let's get back to the office. You remember where it is right?" He chuckled.
I punched him playfully and he rubbed his shoulder, "Of course I know where it is, idiot. I work there!" I giggled and he chuckled.
"Okay, then let's get going. You've got a case to work on. I got your files in the trunk."
I smiled and we walked out to his car.

"So, there was something on the news today..." Barba got serious.
"What was it? What's wrong?"
"Another victim was found dead. Along the shore of a nearby beach. By the pier."
"Oh joy. But this isn't his M.O. Do you think someone's helping our guy?"
"Well, that's just another adventure, huh? We don't even know who our first guy is."
"Hand me your phone. I gotta call someone. My phone's dead."
"Okay, who're you gonna call?"
"I'm calling Finn." I dialed the number and it rang.
"Hey Barba, what's up?"
"Hey Finn, its (Y/N). My phone died."
"Oh hey, (Y/N), what's up?"
"Just had my last therapy session. But that's besides the point. You found the new vic?"
"Yeah, autopsy is in progress right now, why?"
"Check for matching prints to the other vic, Penny."
"You think it's a different guy?"
"Yes, but don't quote me on that. Just check please? It's not the casual M.O. Does she have freckles?"
"No, no freckles. But there is evidence of sexual assault."
"Either our guy's changing stuff up, or he's got a buddy." I started tapping the airbag holder in front of me in the passenger's seat, "Please get back to me with any results. Match or no match."
"I gotcha. Will do. Hope you're feeling better."
"Thanks, and yeah it's coming along well. We're headed to the office right now."
"Well that's good to hear. Hope to see you soon. Talk to you soon, (Y/N)."
"Bye Finn."
I hung up the phone after he said goodbye and handed it back to Barba.
"Good idea." He smirked as he kept his rates on the road, "With checking DNA."
"Thanks. Learn from the best."