Regret with Comfort

A loud beeping jolted Izaya awake, causing his head to slam against a desk lamp above him.

"Shit!" He swore, red eyes instantly filling with anger...and soon enough pain washing over them. The raven eventually sighed and pushed his lamp to the side, flopping back into his chair. Frowning as he glanced over at the clock that had gone off, Izaya realized that it was well past midnight.

Damn...He had been out for nearly nine hours!

After the... incident with Shizuo, Izaya had gone straight home and put all of his focus into a job Shiki gave him a few days previously. It was the best way to take his mind off things, after all. Unfortunately, for once his work wasn't helping his impending headache whatsoever.

Izaya glanced over towards his kitchen, his crimson eyes settling on a bottle of wine. It wasn't as if he bought it himself, Izaya didn't much like alcohol. It had been a gift from one of his more important clients as a token of thanks, which the informant simply accepted out of respect for the man. Still....he had planned on simply giving it to Namie or something like that. The raven knew very well that he couldn't handle his alcohol at all, he wasn't ignorant to some of his falling points.

"You mean nothing to me, Izaya-kun. Leave me the fuck alone."

Perhaps getting drunk was the best option at the moment.

Izaya heaved himself out of his chair, suddenly feeling like his feet were boulders. Slowly making his way to the kitchen, Izaya took in the sorry state his apartment was in. It looked beautiful, sure. His furniture was extremely expensive, the place was clean as could be, and everything went well together. It also looked dull. Plain. Unlived in.

Izaya gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, knuckles turning white from the pressure. He snatched the wine bottle off the counter and grabbed a glass, trying to pull the top off. Without anything to unscrew the cork though, it was something of a difficult task. And Izaya's frustrations grew immensely.

The raven pulled at the cork top furiously, his eyes narrowed with hatred as if he just wanted to incinerate the bottle before him.

"Open up, Jesus Christ!" He hissed, his usually perfect mask crumbling by the second.

Why was it so hard to do everything?

Things that others found to be completely easy, things that only Izaya himself seemed to be having trouble with.

How could humans so easily converse with each other?

How did humans trust someone after only a few encounters with them?

How could they show their affections for one another?

Because Izaya was completely and utterly lost.

Red eyes glinting, Izaya slammed the bottle back on the counter along with the glass. It was actually a miracle they didn't break, but Izaya guessed it was just his lack of strength.

Like everything else he lacked.

Stalking back over to his desk, Izaya planned on drowning himself in more jobs. He was sure Shiki wouldn't mind giving him more, the guy loved wearing him out.

A small ding alerted his attention to the corner of his computer, which indicated he'd received a message from...

Bakyura.

A loud groan erupted from the raven's throat at the sight of the message but he reluctantly logged into the Dollars as Kanra.

He'd asked for a distraction, hadn't he?

-Private Mode with Bakyura-

Bakyura: Izaya, are you on?

Bakyura: Hellllloooo

Bakyura: Look, I'm sorry if you're mad about what happened yesterday at dinner!

Izaya rolled his eyes at the blond's naivety. He seriously had no idea what the hell was going on behind the scenes.

It was at that moment when he realized he was so lucky it had been Kida who messaged him and not a certain blackmailing prick know-it-all.

Kanra: Just a bit taken aback is all. Ne, are you actually worried about lil' ol me~? I didn't know you cared so much! (╯✧∇✧)╯

Instantly pulling out his Kanra persona, Izaya huffed and simply waited for the kid to just go to bed already. It was a school night for Kida after all.

Bakyura: Yes, of course. I mean, we're in a relationship now after all.

Kanra: Now now, I know this is all Mikado's doing~! You can always just tell him why you hate me, ya know ( ̄ω ̄)

Bakyura: It's not just him...look, I get you're uncomfortable. But just...I'm trying here, okay? If you wanna talk about something, go ahead. And we definitely won't do anything like that again until you're 100% sure!

Izaya's eyes widened at Kida's response ever so slightly and he lowered his head, unable to think of anything Kanra-like to say. Eventually he just settled with a simple, short reply.

Kanra: Aww what would I do without you~?

Bakyura: Get some sleep, Izaya. We're talking more in the morning. I'm coming over.

Kanra: Eh?! (*〇□〇)......!Alrighty then, see you then!

Without waiting for a response, the raven quickly left the private chatroom between him and the blond.

Kida was coming over. The guy who had wanted to have sex with him was visiting in the morning.

Fuck...he needed to sleep more.

And a bottle of wine he could actually open.