Chapter 1

Lexia P.O.V.
I woke up to the sound of leaves rustling. I opened my eyes to check whether I could see or not but to no avail. Darkness surrounded me.

'Alpha, you need to come to the Pack House ASAP! Another pack member is injured!', my Beta, Elizabeth, mind linked me, sounding worried. 'I'll be there as fast as I can', I mind linked her back. I got up from my bed and carefully walked to the bathroom. Everything in my room has its own place so that I knew what was I holding or doing. I quickly washed my face and got ready. I took everything that I needed from my cupboard and ran to the Pack House. It is tough not being able to see but I had gotten used to it. Luckily, my wolf wasn't blind.

When I reached the Pack House, Abigail, my wolf told me to stop. 'Alpha! Thank God you came early! Gamma Jack's is in a bad state. The rogues almost killed him but the guards arrived on time and saved his life. The Doc's saying that he's barely hanging onto his life.', said Elizabeth. Hearing this, my wolf started to growl. She wanted to butcher those rogues for nearly killing her pack member. 'Alpha, you need to come in quick. Jack's almost dying.', said the Doc. I snapped my wolf out of her trance and focused on the matter at hand. The Doctor led Elizabeth and I to Jack's room. 'Jack! Please don't leave us! We have already lost many members of the Pack. We, I, don't want to lose you too!', Elizabeth said to him, leaning over him with her hand placed on his face. She was scared, just as I was.

Jack was the only one who didn't say anything about me being blind. Instead, he found it to be very cool. (A/N I know weird right?) He stuck with me throughout. So when I became Alpha, I had to make him my Gamma. He couldn't leave us so early. 'Alpha, I ne- need to tell y- you something. The Rogues, they have a leader.', said Jack. 'How do you know about that, Jack?', I asked him. 'I saw her, that's why. She was there with the Rogues. They called her 'Alpha'. She was very beautiful like the Moon. But, sh- she was the one who did this to me.', Jack replied. 'Who is 'she', Jack?', Elizabeth asked him, her voice wavering. ' 'She' is my mate. The Rogues' leader.', he choked out. And then, fell unconscious.

Everyone in the room became worried. The Doctor and his nurses worked fast, but Jack wouldn't wake up. They tried to wake him up once again. It failed. My Gamma, best friend and brother was dead.

❣❣❣❣❣❣

'Jack was a very good person. He was funny and friendly with everyone but was serious whenever the situation called for it. He was a Gamma, the best one that this Pack has ever had. Along with that he was a loyal Pack member. He will be remembered for his bravery against the Rogues.', I ended the speech at that.

Right now, all the Pack members were gathered in the large ground we called the graveyard. It was snowing. All the Pack members, especially Jack's family, were crying hard. After the end of the Pack members' speeches, Jack's coffin was lowered into the 6 feet deep hole dug in the ground. Gradually everyone left to do their own work.

Jack's family and I were the only ones left in the graveyard. I was standing far away from his family staring at the blue sky. A few minutes later I was joined by Daniel, Jack's brother. 'Hi Alpha. How are you?', he asked me. 'I'm fine. What about you? Jack's death must have been hard on you and your family.', I asked him. 'I'm not so fine. How can you be fine, Alpha? Jack's death was sudden and unexpected. Everyone is crying and trying to move on. And here you are, saying that you are fine.', he said. 'Jack's death wasn't the only one that I have heard about. As an Alpha you get used to death as it occurs often. I may be blind but that doesn't mean that I don't have any feelings. Yes, I do miss Jack a lot. But I need to keep my feelings hidden so that my Pack members could feel better', I replied. It's true. I watched my parents being killed right in front of my eyes when I was as little as 11 years old. But that's a story for later on.

Daniel just looked at me, staring with awe. 'I need to ask you something, Alpha. A favor. Take revenge for Jack's death. Kill, no, murder the rogues for doing this to my brother. I'll help you. We all will help you. We just want to take revenge for what has happened to our Gamma. Please.', he asked me after a few minutes later. I thought about it. It seemed like a good idea but we needed to plan and attack. We will need more number of people helping us. 'I'll think about it. Thank you, Daniel. Now, I need to return to my quarters.', I said to him and left immediately. There was one thought running through my head, 'Take revenge'. And that was going to be happening quite soon. But before that, I needed to do something important.

❣❣❣❣

Sorry, guys. I know I told you in the last chapter that I would update in a few days and I didn't. That was because I had school on Saturday and had to finish my homework yesterday. So, I found some time today and here it is! I'm really sorry.
So, about the updates I thought I will mostly update in the weekends as I don't have much time on the weekdays. That is because I'm in the 9th grade and back here in India, 9th is very critical and important. So I would be studying on the weekdays. And now I'll stop writing so much. Just let me say my sentence and then I will leave you alone.( Sarcasm intended). If you liked this chapter please VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE. I sounded like a YouTuber right there. And I'm not. Just BTW. So, BYE GUYS!! I'LL SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!! BYE-BYE!!!👋👋

❣❣❣❣