CHAPTER 2

Green grass group of women are in the field looking for fresh meat, what a beautiful day it was to enjoy the fresh air. In the other section of the field, you had women playing cards and others playing basketball while others sat on the bench and watched. One thousand eight hundred twenty-five days in prison as she ponders away to her past life which was and now is gone. As she stood in the middle of the gym to start off her pull-ups. It's been five years since I have been in this hell hole of prison as Junia ponders again. She tries not to think of the life she uses to live, it was hard especially when it came to the ones she loved. Now that she is a convicted murderer there is nothing Junia could do because everything she worked hard for is gone. As she starts counting 1..2... Junia minds ponder in her past when she first met her Black knight Jermaine McQueen. Meeka was the one who introduced them. Junia had eyes for someone else as she smiles in her heart but gave Jermaine a chance anyway. being in the marines was a choice she had to make after her parents got killed. Five hundred sixty-five... before her trip to Belize Junia decided to visit Jermaine that night to bid him farewell since he wasn't going to Belize. when she got to the back patio where he was with someone else sucking him off. Junia couldn't move she just stood and watch as the individual took all of him within her... Junia felt like a damn fool she felt daggers in her heart she didn't know whether to bust in to beat his ass or just beat both of their fuhking asses. After she left the fool's house she went home to get ready for the trip she told no one she just let her heart bled. Nine hundred fifty .... as she pulls herself up as she sweats... Three days at Belize was bliss trying not to think about the memory of them being together. There wasn't any regrets but heartaches and pain. Junia was in the vulnerable place where she felt that she wasn't any good for Jermaine. She really didn't want to hurt Rory. After all, he thought Junia used him for what he was worth but he was totally wrong. Now that she is in prison she thought about him a lot Junia even wrote to him but he never answered her letters or wrote back. Junia took it upon herself to ban him from her heart forever. Thousand two hundred fifty... In the afternoon of September Jermaine was suppose to pick Junia up for lunch at 12:30 pm. he didn't show up until 2 pm. He promised to pick her up the after work then leaves that was the last time Junia saw Jermaine McQueen. Thousand six hundred ninety... Going to the trials and courts were very unethical. Junia knew they were going to dig deep in her past especially with Rory she didn't want him to get involved she knew in her heart that it was going to be life or the death penalty. When the verdict came in everyone stood except for Junia ...  The court is In session as Judge Jacobs hits the gravel. What is the VERDICT... We the jury find the defendant guilty for voluntary manslaughter and first-degree murder... Junia Vatelli what do you have to say for yourself the Jacobs replied... I hear by sentence you the TWENTY FIVE YEARS to life in prison Ms. Vatelli.  Mostafah was outraged with the verdict she leans in telling Junia everything is ok ... hang in there be strong... As the officers came to take her away Junia world was gone in a blink of an eye as she sat in shock trying to figure out how she was going to prove her innocence. One thousand eight hundred twenty-five...  Junia was drenched in her own sweat "I have to get out of here ... Escape ..Yes..." she was going to find out who framed her as she starts off her dips. A tall Caucasian came to the court, skinny and real corkish her eyes were piercing blue the same color as the sky. she had an edgy unpredictable look about her. She had a look of a person who had seen a lot of things in this prison and Junia knew instinctively that some of those things had been ugly and it disturbed Morgan in a deeply profound way. Experience thought Junia to recognize certain types of people by the way they look, their mannerism, the emotions, and thoughts. She reads their expression from their faces or eyes.

Sorry, I'm late Morgan replies.

Looking appropriately repentant Junia kept doing her dips. Morgan stuck by Junia every now and then ever since she came to prison. Morgan never talked about what happened to her to no one but she knew Junia already done figured it out. Several seconds later Junia stops and looks at Morgan, " You don't have to apologize every time you're with me, I'm no ones master for you to be apologizing as she heads back to her cell. Morgan follows right behind her not knowing someone is watching them.

You're really sincere Junia anything you need let me know Morgan replied.

What I need right now you can't give to me and besides, I'll put you at risk Junia replied.

Junia we're in prison everything is a risk here I am here whatever you need I will get it alright Morgan answered. 

Junia nods as she stares at the train tracks knowing that the smell of freedom is close by.

One of the prisons guards Mellen stood at 5'6, bulky and black, she looked more like a dude but sleeps with every prisoner except for Junia, Morgan, and Nicole. She had something special for those three stooges. She had something planned for them especially Junia she didn't like her too much. she had an order to go pick the convict up to bring her to the visitors center.

Nicole and Junia were playing spades. Morgan rushed in the cell quickly and said you guys have company coming.

Really who? Nicole asked.

Mellen walks in with her baton and said Stand up convicts!

Junia stares at Mellen with rage and anger at her heart. Mellen was one of the guards that send her to the hole every night to get tortured by whoever puts them up to it.

What is this about Mellen? Junia asked.

You have a visitor convict Mellen replies.

What's this about? Junia asked

Why don't you tell me? Mellen answers back

Do you know who it is? Junia asked

How the heck should I know as she handcuffs Junia and leads her to the visiting section of the prison. 

Why would someone take all the time in the world to visit her in prison? The handcuffs were on tight as she winced a little when she gets to the visiting area the last person she knew wouldn't give up on just yet came to visit her. Mostafah Case her attorney stood there she didn't mean to show up at a time like this but she had to keep her promise. Junia runs and hugs her not letting her go. Mostafah felt like she fails Junia by not winning her case. 

What are you doing here Tafah? Junia asked?

I'm assuming you didn't get my letters. I came to see my sister from another mother I miss you so much. Have you been getting any sleep? 

Junia looks to her left and right then slides a piece of paper across the table. Mostafah looks at  Junia intensely and quickly covers the paper with her hands then studies Junia slowly and carefully. she noticed that Junia wore long sleeves for the first time in five years.

Are you feeling okay Junia? Mostafah asked?

Yes, I'm alright. I just formally keep to myself Junia replies

Junia look at me is someone shutting you up? Mostafah asked?

Junia knew she had to lie to her friend but she had to to keep her out of harm's way. Mostafah Case our visit time is up, I just need you to find out for me, please.

Junia you can't shut me out, I know that you are innocent, I'll find a way to gain your freedom.

Junia got up without smiling or showing no emotion. Mostafah wanted to know what happened to Junia and what the people in this hell of prison did to her friend she considered a sister. as she saw the guard cuffed Junia and took her away like an animal. Mostafah quickly dashed out the prison until she got into her vehicle and she opened the piece of paper and read:

Tafah is the nickname Junia gave her when she first met her. "I'm sorry if our visit has been cut short but I really need you to look into this case again. Look for hard evidence they held against me. My gun is missing and I heard about the job market going under anyway I need you to look into Barnett, Jermaine's family, and Meeka. I don't give a damn if this dude is dead or alive just look into it please I'm begging you please be careful Guilty til proven innocent Junia.