Chapter 5

Thanksgiving Day is supposed to be with family, friends, and those who are unfortunate you give to them. Mostafah sat quietly while she checks her email when she clicks at an urgent mail her cell phones rings.

Good afternoon Mostafah speaking

Hi how are you Tameeka answered 

I am fine Wow I  wasn't expecting your call at all after our little argument

We are sisters one of us has to surrender

Yes, you are right what can I help you with

Actually, I'm  calling to see if you are doing anything for Thanksgiving

Why Meeka you barely come to the ones I had before

Since Junia isn't around you need me to look out for you now that's what she did for me I owe her that.

Please don't start this again Meeka I forgive you and I hope you bring something tomorrow at 6 pm.

No problem thank you see you tomorrow

Sato enters the room are you ready for tomorrow as he kisses her

Does it look like I'm ready you would never know who called me babe Mostafah replies 

This must be interesting, who my love

Tameeka my adoptive sister I almost told her not to come but I thought about what you said about Junia being in jail and Meeka is the only person I have so forgiving her is going to be tough. 

That's awesome I am glad you both are making progress Sato replies

Progress really babe Mostafah replies 

Yes..baby let's prep the turkey tonight. He goes to the kitchen Sato replies

Okay I am right behind you baby Mostafah answered

Sato could sense that Mostafah sadness, he could tell that Mostafah missed Junia. It's been five years and now she's trying to cover up her tracks by getting an appeal.

Mostafah sneaks behind Sato and said is everything alright.

I think you are right about Junia 

Mostafah expression changes, "you think she's innocent". she asked

I didn't say that Sato answered

Then what? Mostafah asked

I'll explain when everything is finalized Sato answered

I am a fuhking ADA I tried to get an appeal 5 times and it backfired now I have to sit back and let my client wither in jail.

Sato pretends not to listen and said, So you're ready to prep the turkey.

Mostafah knew Sato didn't want to argue tonight she wanted to cry but she held her feelings aside and replied Yes.

They started prepping the turkey and Satoshi starts off the seasoning and homemade Dutch pie.

It's been two days since their little altercation Rory didn't worry about it but Blanchette wanted Thanksgiving dinner for just the both of them. Rory didn't want too. He gets up and stares at the ceiling he hasn't heard from Mostafah. Then he starts reminiscing about the three of them. 

The military is how they met each other. Mostafah and Junia were like the Amazonian women, one looking after the other. Mostafah is more brooding and articulate. Junia is more enigmatic and protective she kept to herself mostly that's why Rory liked her. He had eyes for Junia but didn't know how to tell her. He thought that she preferred her own kind of men-only. When they traveled to Japan together Junia started speaking Japanese to a man who showed her the way to Shin-Kyo, the scared bridge, Nikko then from there they went to Pinai Falls, Iriomote Island and Falls at Akame, Mie. that's where they mostly stayed and jumped off the falls and swam. the day is about to end the three of them cozy next to each other while Rory is in between the ladies holding their hands as they stared far away looking at the stars.