chapter 3: farewell

We reached at his place around 7. ‘Hey guys, come in’ he said even before we knocked the door. The theme was retro.
The moment he opened the door we recoiled. He had transformed his house into a disco. With all those old songs playing behind the banner which read ‘ OLD IS GOLD’. ‘sick’ I said.
After dancing on those peppier numbers we were very tired and hungry. And so we started playing the controversial game ‘ TRUTH AND DARE’
All sorts of rubbish questions were asked and discussed too. Which I’m not gonna mention. As it is understood.
‘Cheers, to the ones eligible for voting’ vaneet’s dad exclaimed with laughter.
‘now that you all are grown up’s you people shoul plan for a trip, a road trip or take it as a gift from my side I’ll be paying for it. Now you people decide which place you ought to visit.’
‘ Thank you so much Dad’ vaneet replied.
The word ‘road trip’ caused much mirth amongst us.
‘Pune’ will be perfect. Abhi said.
‘Exactly, Pune will be perfect.’ Vaneet replied with much vigour.
‘Okay then, be ready by tomorrow. I’ll arrange a jeep wrangler for you all.’ Vaneet;s dad said.
‘that’s great!’ we exclaimed.
We felt overwhelmed by the fact that we had got a type of discretionary power.