chapter 4:road trip

Next morning, we all gathered in the cubbon park (Bangalore) eagerly waiting for the jeep. It takes 13 hours to reach Pune by four wheeler. Tiring but exciting. For the first time we didn’t had to  confront our parents regarding something thanks to Mr kaushal(vaneet’s dad) as he had already met our parents to confer concerning this road trip. I knew that mom wasn’t okay or satisfied with the road trip’s idea as her appetite demands are really very high. She needed more attention and confrontation to gratify her undesirable questions. But at that time I was only concerned for the trip. And further I regretted for doing so.
We went singing, playing, cracking jokes and feeding ourselves with junk food all the way. Suddenly we saw a small kid sitting on a quarry and crying which distracted us. Vini stepped out and asked him what had happened? He said that he hasn’t eaten since 2 days as he has no money. Will you please buy these newspapers? ‘Ya , sure’ He gave him some food and money and took the newspapers.
I started reading those. The headlines read about a palace called ‘ Shaniwaar wada’ being haunted. Simultaneously I saw a picture of the resplendent mansion. I showed the picture to my group. Who on earth can call this mansion haunted, look it’s so beautiful isn’t it?’
‘That is what I thought’ rashi said.
Finally We reached the hotel. As it was a tiring journey our fettle was worse. The ruthless awoke me from my beauty sleep which led to a skirmish between us. Rashi was still asleep so I thought not to disturb and went to check the boys if any of them was awake. And I was right. Our too much industrious Abhi was still awake. I offered him coffee and asked him to take a round of the hotel with me. For the first time I saw the cute side of him. When we came back we saw that the others were not in their rooms. Then suddenly I heard ‘come, we are here on the roof’.