Day One | The Exchange

| Day 1 |

Keith

  The last bell of the day rings and I bolt out of my anatomy class heading down the hall and to the double doors that I've been thinking about ever since the day started. Woody rushes over to me with a goofy grin on his face. Woody had been one of my closest friends since the 2nd grade. He pushes my shoulder back and lets out a laugh.

  "So you bout to go meet with the big bitch," Woody laughs causing me to groan and roll my eyes, I totally forgot about this stupid shit.

  "I guess I am" I sigh as I lean up against the wall. Woody lets out another hysterical laugh throwing his head back and clenching his stomach. I roll my eyes and just watch him as he finds so much humor in my annoyance and pain. 

  "Well I won't hold you up, I know you have to get to your girlfriend." He cackles. 

  "Nigga what the fuck, I would never date that bitch." I scold and he continues laughing. 

  Out of annoyance, I walk away from my laughing friend walking out of the school. I'm not really eager to go home anyways so I head to the park that I agreed to meet her at. I don't even remember her name not like it's important after we get this project done I'm completely done with her and won't ever speak to her again. Mr.Kelley is a fucking asshole for even pairing me with her because I know he knows that we don't like her. I walk to the senior parking lot in the back of the school and walk over to my Jeep. I treasure her so much because I've been saving up since my freshmen year to be able to afford it. I unlock the door and get in quickly starting the engine. It's only going to take me like 5 seconds to get to the park in my car so I could have just walked but I don't want to have to come back and pick up my car. 

  Once I get to the park I find it completely empty. Where the fuck is she. My annoyance about the situation increases as I get out of my car, I go and plop down on an old brown wooden bench by a bright orange slide. If she's not here in five minutes I'm fucking leaving I don't have time for this bullshit. 

Zoey 

    Finally, School comes to an end and I could feel the knot growing in my stomach as I leave campus. My legs move slowly as I walk. I was supposed to be meeting Keith at the park a few blocks down from the school. My anxiety is all over the place as I move slowly nervous of what's to come. I rather go home and listen to my mother's cruel words then sit at the park with this judging stranger. I walk tremendously slow as I think and weight out my options. I could simply go home and listen to my mother bicker at me or I could go to the park and be completely shamed about my weight. Both options sound completely horrendous, but the thought of what my mother will do to me if I fail this class is even worse.  I suck up my fear and walk a little faster until I make it to the park. I spot Keith sitting on a bench at the park, he looks at his phone impatiently as his leg bounces up and down from irritation. I slowly walk over to the annoyed boy and when he spots me he jumps up. 

"What took you so fucking long, do you think I'm going to sitting here waiting on your big slow ass every day," He spat coldly looking me up and down. His outburst straddled me so I don't respond not sure of what to even say. 

"Let's get this mess over with," He grumbles as he sits back down on the bench and pulls out a black binder from his Adidas tote bag. 

"Do you have your rubric?" He questions me as he flips through the pages of his binder I nod and take a seat next to him. 

  "I lost mine so just we can just both look at yours."

  I kind of figured he wouldn't be the type to keep up with his school work, he looks like one of those cools boys who just gets by in all his classes because the teachers like him. He and his friends are always goofing around during school, running through the halls like zoo animals laughing and carrying on, they have alway been so well known and popular. Everybody knows who they are or at least knows of them, they all have something that they're known for.