Day Two | apology

Keith

My phone buzzes, and I'm soon awaken from my sleep. I slowly open my eyes and cut my alarm off. I take a breath and check my phone. My Instagram notifications are flooded as usual so is Twitter and Snapchat. I ignore them for now and go straight to my messeges. 10 new messages but none of them are from who I want it to be. Hmm that's strange I wonder why she hasn't replied.

I slid out of my bed and give my limbs a stretch. I walk into the bathroom and strip out of my clothes and step into the shower letting the warm water trickle down my spin.

Zoey

I count with each step I make, I've been doing this lately to keep up with how much walking I do. After I'm about to sit or stop walking I save the number in my phone so I won't lose my place.

Once I get to school I don't waste time in the halls, I keep walking to my first period class.

"Nine hundred eighty six, nine hundred eighty seven nine hundred eigh-"

"Zoey." I hear the familiar sound of Keith's deep voice say, causing me to stop counting. My nerves won't let me look up at him as I keep my eyes glued to my shoes.

"Yes." My voice coming out soft, opposite of what I wanted.

"Did you get my text messege." He asked, I could feel his eyes on me but I can't look up.

"No, I didn't get a message." I say not knowing why I lied. I should have just told him I got it and he can go fuck himself but I'm such a coward.

"Oh well, I wanted.." He stops mid sentence, and I'm honestly hoping he's going to just walk away. Instead I feel his large hands place on each side of my cheeks as he lifts my face.

"I need for you to look at me when I'm talking to you." He slightly demands as our eyes connect making my empty stomach turn.

I feel myself blinking as I look at the handsom freckled face boy.

"I just wanted to say I really apologize for the things I have said and done to you this school year, it's very immature of me. We're partners now and I think it's important that I treat you respectfully and that we build a positive working relationship together so that we can both pass this class." His voice is calm and genuine as his eyes literally pierces into my soul.

I feel my mouth open and close, and I swallow my spit as I just stare at him.

"I really hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me," he coaxed as he takes a small step closer to me.

"Okay."I choked as his chestnut eyes stay glued to me.

He smiles and runs his finger across my hair.

"Your hair looks nice." He smirked before he walked away from me.

I let out a huge gasp of air that I didn't even know I was holding when he walks away. Honestly what is wrong with me, I couldn't even think straight with him standing in my face.

I walk to my class and take a seat at my usual desk. I can't even concentrate and do my work as I think about Keith's hands on my face, the sound of his voice and the look in his dreamy eyes.

He apologized to me but I don't understand why. How do you just randomly feel the need to apologize to someone after so much torment. There is no possible way that he is genuine.

I mean there can't be, people don't just.. Maybe I'm over thinking things and he is genuinely sorry. I mean he did seem very genuine, but I'd believe him if he told me the earth was flat and the moon is fake, that's how lost I get when I look in his eyes.